Gothenburg stopover possibilities ? (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
Hi, we are traveling through Germany, Sweden, Finland, Sweden, Denmark & then back to UK during May and i'm doing pretty well in booking a mixture of camping sites & planning various stopovers (Stellplatz etc..) EXCEPT for one place .... Gothenburg !
I wanted to stop at the Lisebergsbyn camping site (on the fringe of Gothenburg) 20 - 22 May but they are fully booked (bit surprised by that ?) but they have suggested their other site Askim Strand which is well south of Gothenburg and a very 'touristy / holiday' type site. Just what we don't want.

The motorhome park-up (also run by Liseberg as per the 2 camp sites) does not open until 1st June !

So, does anyone know of any other options for stopovers close to or "in" Gothenburg .... please ?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Kungsbacka, a short tram ride from the centre, has large car parks where you are able to stay, it's unlikely you would need to book, I am assuming you are aware of the right to roam in Sweden, ie you can stop virtually anywhere for a night

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Watching this with interest, as we will be in the Gothenburg area in August.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi, we are traveling through Germany, Sweden, Finland, Sweden, Denmark & then back to UK during May and i'm doing pretty well in booking a mixture of camping sites & planning various stopovers (Stellplatz etc..) EXCEPT for one place .... Gothenburg !
I wanted to stop at the Lisebergsbyn camping site (on the fringe of Gothenburg) 20 - 22 May but they are fully booked (bit surprised by that ?) but they have suggested their other site Askim Strand which is well south of Gothenburg and a very 'touristy / holiday' type site. Just what we don't want.

The motorhome park-up (also run by Liseberg as per the 2 camp sites) does not open until 1st June !

So, does anyone know of any other options for stopovers close to or "in" Gothenburg .... please ?

CamperContact shows a couple of sites and an aire right in the middle. Worth downloading their app if you have a smartphone or tablet as it will be of use to on the rest of your travels I think.

This places looks open all year round but worth contacting them to check. http://www.campercontact.com/en/swe...motorhome-parking-lisebergsbyn-karralund.aspx

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We have stayed there but for the life of me I can't remember where! If it comes to me I will post...sorry

OP
OP
iceclimber
Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
OP
OP
iceclimber
Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
CamperContact shows a couple of sites and an aire right in the middle. Worth downloading their app if you have a smartphone or tablet as it will be of use to on the rest of your travels I think.

excellent ........ have downloaded the full App ...... will see what it brings forth ? (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
excellent ........ have downloaded the full App ...... will see what it brings forth ? (y)
Quite a few on here use it. You have to sign up for a few pounds to get the full database. The free app only has about 10% just so you can have a play. Maps can be downloaded for use off line but the scale isn't as good as the online maps.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Watching this with interest, as we will be in the Gothenburg area in August.

We camped in Sweden 37 years ago,,,,still getting over how expensive it was,,,BUSBY:):):)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't help with anyone wanting to actually wanting to visit Gothenburg but if you're just after a cheapest overnight stop we stayed at a marina based parking area at Bua which is about 40 miles south of Gothenburg. Clean toilets, coin in the slot showers, free water/waste/wifi.

OP
OP
iceclimber
Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
Update ....... we gave Gothenburg a miss in the end and we stopped 20km due west of Gothenburg on an Island called Ockero. (the Parkings App was very good for finding places to stay ..... )

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Strangely enough we were in Gothenburg on Monday night. We went for the motorhome stopover and it was full, but on our way out we noticed a large car-park, almost empty, on the right down the hill. Turns out it is the carpark for a nature reserve so as such is almost empty overnight and doesn't fill up in the morning (obviously no facilities but you could maybe take your chances in the official site - it's unmanned). There were a dozen vans parked up so we joined them - cost was Sk20 for 24hrs. It's obviously unofficial but nobody bothered us.

A few minutes walk down the hill takes you to a tram stop where you can get a tram straight into the centre.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back