Charging everything up before going off hookup.. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am just about to go off hookup for just under a week. No sun predicted and I lost my large 500Ah battery bank since last summer. I am working with a single 110Ah battery...

So the big job today was getting everything charged up, the 2 laptops, the tablet, the toothbrush, the trimmer, the 2 phones and the vans main battery.

I realised I had two of those emergency engine starter packs which have 2 USB ports on each of them so I got them charged up as well. Then I remembered my Dell Backup battery pack so put that on charge. Thought I had better charge up my two drills just in case anything breaks while I am away.

Crikey I didn't realise how many things I need to charge. It's been a long time since I suffered battery capacity nerves. Those years with 500AH have spoiled me...

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Have you any battery banks for your phone and tablets?. They are heap and useful way of extending battery life

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
If you are vigilant remember the cab cigar lighter socket is connected to the vehicle rather than leisure battery. A USB charger out of that can see you over without compromising.

One thing that MHing has given me an appreciation of is conservation and frugality. Turned into a right old boring fart that goes around switching lights out and using a plug in sinks to wash etc.

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Re the battery banks I find they don't last too long. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back