Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
California just outside LA about 6 years ago worked out at £100.00 a night, needless to say we didn't stay there. Ended up camped just outside Santa Barbara on the Pacific Ocean beach for free watching dolphins and whales. Stayed a week.
Pic1 Location Pic2 from bedroom window
USA09VegasHllywdCaliforniaBeach 337.JPG
USA09VegasHllywdCaliforniaBeach 374.JPG

OP
OP
domburg

domburg

Free Member
Oct 29, 2013
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
im a newbie
The name of the site was Ladram Bay holiday park in Budley Salterton. And it was for one night 9/04/16

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The name of the site was Ladram Bay holiday park in Budley Salterton. And it was for one night 9/04/16
They must have considered the date still part of Easter. I've just checked and 4 adults in a MH for two night starting this Saturday is £48. Two nights was the minimum their website allows you to book. It is possible they also charged you for two nights even though you only stayed one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We stopped on a site in Croatia.. £75 a night..
BUT
The camp site was absolutely amazing !

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I think that quote must have been for four motorhomes and one adult.......... Their website says any weekend in April for less than £40?

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
one night lake side switzerland no electric very basic standard £47 one night 2 people one motor home and thats after i argued with guy collecting fees got him down from £55 because of no electric would not have stayed if we had known the rate but pulled on to site no one in attendence six pm no rates posted anywhere fellow camper informed me just pick a site as the attendent wont be back until morning when he turned up following morning thats when the fun began and the langauge was not swiss

Last edited:

Deleted User

Ladrum Bay site was in the ACSI book last year. 18 euro I think.We went there in September but they were full up and I thought if they are full up in September why be in the ACSI book.

Spongy

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have paid some eye watering pitch fees in Spain during the summer holidays and over Easter last year a pitch next to the Med was (at least for 3 of the nights) eye watering x2.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The site we stayed on at Lake Garda last August was €70 but with the exchange rate at the time that equated to about £45.

Perfect location though with direct access to the beach, it's own beach bar and no stupid 9 metre rules or pegs or warders with tape measures.

The pitch was 8 metres square and the only instruction was "that's your one. Park however you like"

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
The site we stayed on at Lake Garda last August was €70 but with the exchange rate at the time that equated to about £45.

Perfect location though with direct access to the beach, it's own beach bar and no stupid 9 metre rules or pegs or warders with tape measures.

The pitch was 8 metres square and the only instruction was "that's your one. Park however you like"
We stayed at Camping Fornella (Lake Garda) last August, it was a last minute decision, they only had a superpitch at 90 odd euros per night (family of four). Worth every cent too.
It must have been good, as we've booked again for this year (about £65pn through Caravan Club).

Personally, I don't mind high prices, providing it is 'high quality' and with great amenities (direct beach/lake access for example).
We often stay at 'expensive' sites. I'm not going to compromise for the sake of a few euros...

I do however object to sub-standard sites trying it on (and clearly succeeding) or British sites charging approaching £100pn in high season (when you can't guarantee good weather).
But it is a free market and it's very apparent that folk are willing to pay.. wherever the location !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back