Our new van is in the country. (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Just looked at it online, very nice van :). Love the layout its perfect lots of living space, bathroom and a garage:)

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Yes it ticked more of our boxes than anything else we'd seen, went for the 3litre 4250kg option so we should be able to cart loads of goodies home. (y)

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Next van on my hit list to buy, loved the layout

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Why are you having to wait It could be ready and registered in a week?? Special equipment needed for it maybe or they just dragging their feet.?

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Dragging their feet I think, although I have heard reports of DVLA taking 3 weeks to register new vehicles so don't know for sure, Just glad it's here and hopefully passes muster on Sunday.(y)

It's booked in at Vanbitz (other dealers available :)) for the goodies to be fitted. (y)

Once that's done we're off to France for a few weeks, Jax hasn't booked any work for May or June and i'm working 7 days a week to get as far ahead with my work to cover anything needed (fingers crossed), so we'll be touring around for a while.:D:D:D:D

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Same van as we have ordered only we've gone with 4000kg maxi chasis and in silver paint option
picking it up on 25th April and going straight to vanbitz for strikeback and non starter cant wait ordered at NEC last October and our old van went the following week so been a long time without
wheels.:roflmto::roflmto::dance2::dance2:
Gary and Janet

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Know how you feel, it's a long time without a van.:cry:

We've gone for champagne paint, auto-box, lefthand drive, alde heating. It's a cracking layout with the benefit of a garage too. Spent 6 hours looking all over it and thought sod it you only live once so ordered one.

Vanbitz for strike back and solar etc. Earliest he could fit us in was 17th May and that was a few weeks ago, he's a busy boy.:)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Looks a lovely van, happy travels :)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Very exciting indeed, we ordered it in October, sold our old van in December so to say we've got itchy feet is an understatement.
It's a Burstner Ixeo it 680 g
We have ordered the it734, been confirmed end of May leaving Germany so judging by what you say another 3/4 weeks on top
Do you know if it can be speeded up the DVLA side or we at there mercy, Thks for any info

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
It's not just the DVLA the van also needs a habitation check etc and the dealers are busy.
The local DVLA offices have all been shut and everything goes through Swansea so I think you're at their mercy, it's bloody frustrating.:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back