Android software for motorhomes (1 Viewer)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I know there is a good apple package and there was some discussion on here about developing something. That now appears dead.

It it worth having another look at this?
Would people be interested?
Do we know what we want?
Specifications?
Do we have anyone capable of writing the software?

Thoughts.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you are talking about an Aires app there already is one that beats them all, have a look at this
Broken Link Removed
Nothing else you need , works offline, tells you where your nearest aire is to where you actually are(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've looked into this extensively. Development costs for a pro app are pretty scary. The motorhome 'niche' is very small so the chances of losing money is high. A way around this is to use kickstarter or similar, this would give a bit of confidence at the development. I have a proposal part written for this, though to be honest I have little hope that it will raise enough which is why it keeps getting dumped to the bottom of my todo list.

I hoped to incorporate all my checklists, along with things like MPG, service schedules ect.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've looked into this extensively. Development costs for a pro app are pretty scary. The motorhome 'niche' is very small so the chances of losing money is high. A way around this is to use kickstarter or similar, this would give a bit of confidence at the development. I have a proposal part written for this, though to be honest I have little hope that it will raise enough which is why it keeps getting dumped to the bottom of my todo list.

I hoped to incorporate all my checklists, along with things like MPG, service schedules ect.
In addition to the niche market being small I wonder if the requirements that would require special software are also small. I've thought about it in idle moments from time to time but the subject has never had sufficient importance for me to start thinking about it in depth.
I have a number of checklists which are simply Open Office text documents and don't need anything else. Those files can be easily saved (as PDFs if nothing else) on phone/tablet for use on the road if required.
Service schedules are simply entries in my ordinary S Planner diary on my phone which remind me when to book services each year.
We have calculated MPG and cost per night &c from time to time but generally don't bother.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I saw something by @Don Quixote and was impressed.. It logs most stuff
In addition to the niche market being small I wonder if the requirements that would require special software are also small. I've thought about it in idle moments from time to time but the subject has never had sufficient importance for me to start thinking about it in depth.
I have a number of checklists which are simply Open Office text documents and don't need anything else. Those files can be easily saved (as PDFs if nothing else) on phone/tablet for use on the road if required.
Service schedules are simply entries in my ordinary S Planner diary on my phone which remind me when to book services each year.
We have calculated MPG and cost per night &c from time to time but generally don't bother.
I have a spreadsheet, which logs the fuel and LPG etc Also a list of stuff that we need for the van a check list.. I wish @Don Quixote would come online and remind me of the software,,

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
@Broken Link Removed been walking the north Norfolk coast, so only just got back in. The app you are asking about is called Road Trip HD, but it's only for iPad not android.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back