Rally Chat Pre - Pembrey, Burry Port (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Hi all. Last year we stopped at Burry Port prior to the Pembrey Meet it was a beautiful place and the hospitality by the Harbour Master was superb (even though he managed to mislay his glasses which he found in the fridge). Thanks to Sheddy we had a lovely meal in the Cornish Arms who did us proud. It is our intention to stop at Burry Port for a few days prior to Pembrey Meet this year. Hope to see some of you Funsters there. :cheers:
Phil & Nicky

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
As the land has been sold for housing, let's hope it's still open.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
The application / development is now going ahead, to be honest I have no gripe with the plans, I believe it will be good for the town, I'm just trying to make sure there is still some Motorhome parking when the development is completed. We will be home for a week soon, so I will find out when the construction starts, if not already !!​
http://m.llanellistar.co.uk/Ambitio...ry-Port-step/story-26744454-detail/story.html

OP
OP
Boycie
Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The harbour master advised last year there was to be some redevelopment of the harbour wall area but he was hopeful that some space would be made available for a proper motorhome aire type area. The current harbour /sea wall where we parked up last time was a bit potholey. But would not be resurfaced as there were plans to redevelop the area. Fingers crossed .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Boycie. Rita and I are hoping to be able to get into the Burry Port Aire, although according to a telephone conversation between myself and a young lady in the Harbour Master's office, there is no such facility at Burry Port Harbour, and that we should seek to make a booking at Pembrey Country Park. :eek:

Even after a week, I've still not had a response to an email sent to the Harbour Master himself, (Mr Roger Dickinson) about the facility. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
@Boycie. Rita and I are hoping to be able to get into the Burry Port Aire, although according to a telephone conversation between myself and a young lady in the Harbour Master's office, there is no such facility at Burry Port Harbour, and that we should seek to make a booking at Pembrey Country Park. :eek:

Even after a week, I've still not had a response to an email sent to the Harbour Master himself, (Mr Roger Dickinson) about the facility. :(

Cheers,

We shall wait to see if they do get back in touch with you Jock before we book anywhere else .

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
We shall wait to see if they do get back in touch with you Jock before we book anywhere else .
@Sheddy. Kath, Ed did say that it was a case of just turning up, and as there was plenty of room, getting in shouldn't be a problem. It is the redevelopment issue that gave me cause to make enquiries.

Cheers for now,

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We cycled down to Burry Port the other day from Pembrey Country Park and there were vans in the overnight parking area and the sign was still up and the price was still £7.00 which is what we paid last year when we stayed overnight.
Hope this helps(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
@Sheddy. Kath, Ed did say that it was a case of just turning up, and as there was plenty of room, getting in shouldn't be a problem. It is the redevelopment issue that gave me cause to make enquiries.

Cheers for now,

Email received from the Harbour Master's office, confirmed @Sheddy (Ed's) info above, and now @Forestboy (Rory's) findings recently. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.:)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
We were at Burry Port yesterday & the little '' Aire '' is alive & kicking, with no immediate sign of housing development.

We can recommend the Cornish Arms too :)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Email received from the Harbour Master's office, confirmed @Sheddy (Ed's) info above, and now @Forestboy (Rory's) findings recently. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.:)

We live around 10 miles from Burry Port - we use the beach for walking the dog & the coastal path too, it's lovely, unspoilt beach :)

OP
OP
Boycie
Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Glad to hear that it is still alive & kicking. Having to use our mobile data at the moment as our broadband went down with the storm over the weekend. New router arriving tomorrow. Had a result with BT as we were just at the end of contract renegotiated a new deal at a lot lower price with free BT sport and BT youview. (y)

Will be looking to stop at Burry Port prior to Pembrey and will also have a meal in the Cornish Arms as they did us proud last year.
Phil.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
When it gets nearer the time I will check that it is still open and speak if possible to the Harbour Master to establish that there will be room for us.
Phil.
Hi Phil.
My recent email communication to the Harbour Master, resulted in a reply from Stephen M Oliver.
SMOliver@carmarthenshire.gov.uk , who came across as very amenable. (y)

Cheers,

OP
OP
Boycie
Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Phil.
My recent email communication to the Harbour Master, resulted in a reply from Stephen M Oliver.
SMOliver@carmarthenshire.gov.uk , who came across as very amenable. (y)

Cheers,

Thanks Jock, Will communicate with him nearer to the time just to check. Better to be sure rather than just turn up and find for some reason we cannot be accommodated.
Phil.(y)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We live around 10 miles from Burry Port - we use the beach for walking the dog & the coastal path too, it's lovely, unspoilt beach :)

Hi
Can dogs go on that beach all year round or is it seasonal?
Thanks
Dave

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
All year at Burry Port beach (y)

Thank you for the info
I don't want to hijack the thread so apologies, but what facilities are there at Burry Port, is it just a car park that motorhomes can use and pay for a ticket or is it a small site?
The 2 weeks leading up to Pembrey we are travelling around Wales and might tack this on the end, particularly if it's good for the dogs
Thanks again (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back