Cheap FULL gas bottles from Flogas (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Flogas are again doing their gas bottle offer where you get a FULL propane (11kg) or butane (13kg) cylinder delivered free - no deposit, no delivery charge, and no exchange cylinder required (although they'll remove on it you have one of theirs I would think!). The only thing you'd need if you haven't already got one is a regulator (and spanner to attach it) - I'm not sure about attaching one to a 30mbar 'fixed' regulator so you'd need to check what you'd need to be able to do this, or you'd need to bypass your fixed regulator somehow.

Flogas refills are available in a lot of places in the UK so could be a cheaper way to get exchange cylinders than the usual Calor ones.

Butane:
http://gasdeal.co.uk/13kg-butane-gas-cylinder/

Propane:
http://gasdeal.co.uk/gas-cylinders/propane-gas-cylinders/11kg-propane-gas-cylinder

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Doesn't work for me when I click the link. It still charges for the cylinder

Is there a code or something?

Andrew

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
The delivery is free, you'll still need to pay for the gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I realise you have to pay for the gas, the OP said the cylinder was free.

My local Flogas agent always delivers free - so no special offer.

Not having to pay for the cylinder, when you don't already have one would make it different

Andrew

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Unless I'm reading it wrong you need an exchange bottle .. price including bottle for 11kg is £51.97

Normal price of 11kg Flogas is £25.73

Calor don't do an 11kg Propane, but the price for a 13kg propane is £26.25 .. ( £66.24 without an exchange bottle )

Flogas may have a 'lot of places' to exchange.. but far fewer than Calor which can be bought in just about every town and village.. the reason I never used Flogas before I fitted the Gaslow bottles..

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
their 47kg bottles are £59.99,i get 47kg bottles delivered for £39.60,bought through an agent,and delivered free by FLOGAS :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have lots of different bottles, its a pain...We have Calor, Flogas, and West Wales Gas. Seems they just nick each others bottles and paint them a different colour but neither will exchange each others bottles, and outlets seem to switch regularly, one day they sell WWG next its Calor. :doh:

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Perhaps the OP will come back on and tell us where it says there is no deposit on the cylinders, because I'd like to get a couple if that were the case.

Andrew

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
i use flowgas 47kg's best price around by far. £47 to the door:), same from calor £64:(
ps no deposit on what ever size you want

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I had to pay a deposit on the 11kg ones. I know the bigger ones were always free, probably why you often see them discarded around the place.

Andrew

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I have used 6kg bottles in my moho for the last 10 years cheaper than calor , now got 3 bots so always 1 spare in the garage at home.
Wish they did 907 camping gas size, KOS they is expensive !!!! for my BBQ

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't follow this thread at all, around here you never pay for a flogas bottle , you just go and get a full one, more or less same price as calor but no return bottle

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Don't follow this thread at all, around here you never pay for a flogas bottle , you just go and get a full one, more or less same price as calor but no return bottle
You pay for the first one, then after that it's an exchange

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I have used 6kg bottles in my moho for the last 10 years cheaper than calor , now got 3 bots so always 1 spare in the garage at home.
Wish they did 907 camping gas size, KOS they is expensive !!!! for my BBQ
I need 4.5/3.9kg for my Trigano Tribute! No refillables that I can find.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
@Dorwyn

You wanted small?
from gaslow site.

Broken Link Removed
Product no.: 01-4003-67
The NEW Gaslow R67 2.7kg Refillable Cylinder is designed for installation in your caravan/motorhome locker
They can be filled using the Gaslow Filler Kit at thousands of LPG stations across the UK and Europe
Features automatic 80% shut off valve, over pressure relief valve, filter, excess flow valve and new improved gauge.

A typical example of cost savings over exchange cylinders. To fill a Gaslow 2.7kg cylinder would cost you £2.76 which is a 10th of the price of an exchange cylinder of a comparable size!!

Gaslow 2.7kg direct fill cylinder 4.6 litres x £0.60 pence = £2.76*to fill

*price of lpg correct as of 20th January 2016

£130.00 *

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I realise you have to pay for the gas, the OP said the cylinder was free.

My local Flogas agent always delivers free - so no special offer.

Not having to pay for the cylinder, when you don't already have one would make it different

Andrew
Original posting about the deal here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/13k...-99-delivered-gasdeal-2427893?page=5#comments

It appears that the propane offer has been changed so you have to buy a bottle too now, so just butane with the free cylinder.

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I think you'll find that the cylinder was always free for butane, but they have always charged for the 11Kg propane

That is what I've found from buying from a Flogas distributor over the last 10 years

Andrew
In which case other people now know that there is a cheaper alternative to Calor which was the point of this thread.

I don't know why I bother posting stuff to 'help' people sometimes ...

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
In which case other people now know that there is a cheaper alternative to Calor which was the point of this thread.

Please carry on posting! They are useful, informative & sometimes down right funny!

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001

Don't wish to be pedantic but the reason I responded to your post was because you stated that the offer included the supply of free cylinders, which I would have found useful

You now mention that you have alerted folk to the fact that there is a cheaper alternative to Calor. If you work out the price per Kg you would save approx 20p per 11Kg cylinder . Not a massive amount.

If you factor in that this is including the special offer discount of 15% , you will see that under normal circumstances Flogas is about 17% MORE than Calor.

Calor do charge £5 for delivery, whilst Flogas is free

Andrew

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Don't wish to be pedantic but the reason I responded to your post was because you stated that the offer included the supply of free cylinders, which I would have found useful
... if you go for butane the cylinders ARE free ... :rolleyes: with free delivery.

You now mention that you have alerted folk to the fact that there is a cheaper alternative to Calor. If you work out the price per Kg you would save approx 20p per 11Kg cylinder . Not a massive amount.

If you factor in that this is including the special offer discount of 15% , you will see that under normal circumstances Flogas is about 17% MORE than Calor.

Calor do charge £5 for delivery, whilst Flogas is free

Andrew

If you're gonna quote facts and figures please at least check they're right.

Calor 15kg butane is £33.75 = £2.25 per kg

Flowgas 13kg butane at the discount price is £23.99 = £1.84 per kg

That's a saving of 40p per kg, or £5.20 based on each 13kg cylinder, not to be sniffed at.

If you buy at full price then yes it will cost more but Flowgas do the offer quite frequently and as there's no charge for the cylinder itself (so no 'rental charge on top') there's nothing to stop you getting 2 or 3 (the more you get the cheaper they are) so long as you've got somewhere to store them safely.

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
... if you go for butane the cylinders ARE free ... :rolleyes: with free delivery.

If you're gonna quote facts and figures please at least check they're right.

Calor 15kg butane is £33.75 = £2.25 per kg

Flowgas 13kg butane at the discount price is £23.99 = £1.84 per kg

That's a saving of 40p per kg, or £5.20 based on each 13kg cylinder, not to be sniffed at.

If you buy at full price then yes it will cost more but Flowgas do the offer quite frequently and as there's no charge for the cylinder itself (so no 'rental charge on top') there's nothing to stop you getting 2 or 3 (the more you get the cheaper they are) so long as you've got somewhere to store them safely.

If you read my original post it is pretty obvious that I was referring to Propane, as butane cylinders are always free , so no earth shattering offer there.

I, and I suspect many other motorhomers prefer to use propane due to it's wider operating range.

Andrew

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
been useful to me MG, (y)(y)

we have just found that we have been robbed by Flogas, we have 47kg at home, web site price is less than we pay, also found a rival supplier who actually supply Flogas cylinders (GasDeal.co.uk) £20 / pair 47kg cheaper than going to Flogas, and it would appear Flogas still deliver it, what is gong on there o_O

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you read my original post it is pretty obvious that I was referring to Propane, as butane cylinders are always free , so no earth shattering offer there.

I, and I suspect many other motorhomers prefer to use propane due to it's wider operating range.

Andrew
Perhaps saying you were specifically talking about propane would have helped especially since you mentioned free bottles.

If you don't want them then that's fine ... I'm not forcing you to use them, but many people only want them for UK use and possibly just for BBQing etc, not necessarily in a MH, so these are a cheap and easy way to get a FREE bottle with cheap gas for use at home ...

I won't post any more on this thread ... you can 'discuss' it with yourself so you get the answer you want.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back