LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
well , i got behind the wheel of my new rapido this morning and headed off to Dunkirk to get the ferry , i was running on black coffee and adrenalin we sucessfully navigated our way to Dunkirk, we approached the check in and handed over our tickets and passports, all smiles and happyness ,we were then told that we were in fact booked in for the 11 oclock ferry from Calais , as i looked in my mirrors and saw several cars tucked in behind me ,i thought a load of expletives ,the lady at the kiosk laughed and said "no problem sir" you have a flexy ticket ,so we were sorted
The next problem was when i tried to make the MH move ,there was beeping going on every where ,the thing wont move unless the doors are fully locked ,i felt the anger of the enlarging queue behind ,swearing at the robotised gear stick did not help either ,the lady in the kiosk was laughing and so was kes ,anyhow i got it moving and sucessfully made the 12 oclock ferry and dover

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
The next problem was when i tried to make the MH move ,there was beeping going on every where ,the thing wont move unless the doors are fully locked

How weird..! I found out something similar yesterday... When driving along suddenly the autobox wouldn't change up and the sprintshift wouldn't co-operate either the only way I could get it too go up in gear was to knock it into neutral and back to auto then it would step up...!
I then noticed that the interior lights where on and thought that the door must be open so I pulled over, shut the door and all was fine.... Bet they don't tell you that at handover....:confused:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Your knee can stick the lever sideways and lock the gear as well as far as I understand or was that Mercs 7G????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Our last trip was out from Calais and forgot we'd booked the return from Dunkirk as we were coming back from the east and that was the obvious choice, if only to get to see the layout of a different port. Turned up at the wrong port at the right time. :doh:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Many years ago on our first trip abroad with the caravan we spent the night on Ramsgate harbour to get an early Sally Ferry to Ostend. We were woken up by lots of activity and noise, police everywhere, helicopters flying overhead. Our ferry was on fire out at sea! We were diverted to Dover and it was like whacky races with everyone trying to get out of Ramsgate.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
How weird..! I found out something similar yesterday... When driving along suddenly the autobox wouldn't change up and the sprintshift wouldn't co-operate either the only way I could get it too go up in gear was to knock it into neutral and back to auto then it would step up...!
I then noticed that the interior lights where on and thought that the door must be open so I pulled over, shut the door and all was fine.... Bet they don't tell you that at handover....:confused:
after handover where i think i took in about 10% of it all ,i sat down at the hotel with a telephone directory called a manual ,by early evening i was suffering from information overload , the dealer described the Rapido as a very technical motorhome ,hes not effing kidding , there are several ways to stop the car moving,if the steps out,awning out,ramps down,door open etc etc. Theres an advanced gas safety system where you can switch the gas on or off from the kitchen ,you can hear a quiet clunk as the solenoid kicks in,i just need to find some sort of adaptor so that it can work with UK gas bottles

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Your knee can stick the lever sideways and lock the gear as well as far as I understand or was that Mercs 7G????
id need a very long knee for that one i think GW , i havent got up the courage yet to try the swap from auto to manual

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
id need a very long knee for that one i think GW , i havent got up the courage yet to try the swap from auto to manual

I have, I think mine revs too high in auto and I tried shifting to bring the revs down, once I'm fully operational I'll have to do a comparison.... If I think I could save fuel by shifting then that's what lol do.....

Watch the overhang...!

:)(y)

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I have, I think mine revs too high in auto and I tried shifting to bring the revs down, once I'm fully operational I'll have to do a comparison.... If I think I could save fuel by shifting then that's what lol do.....

Watch the overhang...!

:)(y)
yes the auto box does rev a bit ,ill have a play with it later ,i have no idea what the fuel consumption is like,im HOPING :tmi: for around 25mpg

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
im going down to the Cassoa site today to take some stuff down to her ,i was hoping to be able to wash and wax her but its raining ,i wanted to get those flys off of her ,would you believe that some flys had the audacity to comit suicide on my new shiney !!! if they were not allready dead id kill em:devil:::bigsmile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's taken me thousands of miles to learn how to use the Comfortmatic without it beeping at me! :)

One thing I was a bit slow to learn was the habit of putting it into neutral when you stop at say traffic lights. Foot on brake, move lever across to the right and then up. Second nature now but it is recommended otherwise it is like sitting on the clutch in a manual. You just have to remember you are in neutral when the lights turn green! Otherwise, as the lights turn from red to green your face goes red as you rev the engine without anything moving. :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Theres an advanced gas safety system where you can switch the gas on or off from the kitchen ,you can hear a quiet clunk as the solenoid kicks in,i just need to find some sort of adaptor so that it can work with UK gas bottles

Mine is UK spec and has that system so you shouldn't have a problem finding what you need (y)

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
It's taken me thousands of miles to learn how to use the Comfortmatic without it beeping at me! :)

One thing I was a bit slow to learn was the habit of putting it into neutral when you stop at say traffic lights. Foot on brake, move lever across to the right and then up. Second nature now but it is recommended otherwise it is like sitting on the clutch in a manual. You just have to remember you are in neutral when the lights turn green! Otherwise, as the lights turn from red to green your face goes red as you rev the engine without anything moving. :)
Laughing ,I've done the revving at the lights allready:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back