Rally Benicarlo - up and running! (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Well, we are now a total of 4 motorhomes, so we are a rally, with a rally price, great weather and a wonderful campsite. Camping Alegria is great, with free UK tv large pitches and a nice walk along the sea to the Marina.

If you fancy calling in for a few days or more, just let me know. Today we have 24 degrees and at 12.00 today in Benidorm it was 8 degrees!!!!

Steve and Sue (Elmasea) arrived this morning for a week - they were on the rally last year.

Pat and Les (Parknride) arrived on Monday and are staying for 3 weeks

Dave and June (Davespenny) brand new funsters!

Ginny and Mike

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
DARN.. I wish i could get there !!!
They owe me a free stay as well :)

Stuck at home on school run for grandkids as daughter got a new job, very inconsiderate.

Enjoy you lot...

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
DARN.. I wish i could get there !!!
They owe me a free stay as well :)

Stuck at home on school run for grandkids as daughter got a new job, very inconsiderate.

Enjoy you lot...
Same here and don't see an end in sight. Read plenty of peeps travels and unfortunately just have to dream at the moment. Sounds great with the sound of the sea,mind you we did spend Easter at the Wroxham by the river but somehow not quite the continental FEEL.
Ray

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Would have been there a week ago but in Sardinia now, got the ferry from Barcelona. Next time! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
20160409120701.JPG
20160409120509.JPG
For those missing out some pics, ( mind you @SMB I don't think Sardinia is missing out! Love it)

:sun:

Attachments

• 20160409114359.JPG
    20160409114359.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Oh dear, our first casualty - Pat. @parknride fell off her bike this afternoon and has broken her wrist - this is the before she went to the hospital

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 119
OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
image.jpeg
And this is the after - after she and Les @parknride had spent the afternoon in the hospital and Steve and Sue @elamessa and Mike and I had spent a very enjoyable afternoon in the Alibaba restaurant.

Wonderful weather and great company !

Ginny

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
A little more water with it perhumps.......

Joking apart, I do hope you're not in too much discomfort.

I am as jealous as hell even though we're having an impromptu rally at Chez Popeye's this weekend; a total of four vans, does that count? Put me down on the list for next year, I'll convoy with @Granjan .

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hope she is alright, look's as if she has had good treatment. We are at Peterborough and to be fare we have had a really nice day with lots of sunshine, but just for a touch of reality it's started persisting down, never mind a bottle of wine and a warm van, we can cope. (y)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Oh no! Poor you Pat! Les will have to really look after you now! Hope its not too painful! We think Les is smirking in the background, you could hit him with your pot! You had better stay out there till it has healed properly!

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Oh dear had you been on the wine again @parknride
Now that's the rub, I had only had an orange for breakfast, been for a nice bike ride and a lovely swim in the sea to work up an appetite for my lunch with @elamesea Steve & Sue & @Teasy2007 Mike & Ginny. It was 1.30 and I had lust got on my bike to meet them in the restaurant at 1.45 for a meal and maybe a few drinkypoos. Was starving and thirsty. Anyway hospital had me in an x-rayed within 20 minutes. Had to go to next hospital for the cast though. Very professional. EHIC applied, cost me 1euro 60 cents for painkillers and 14 euro for a taxi. It's painful but then worse things happen.
Bikes getting locked onto bike rack now, can't ride it for the foreseeable:(

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

I am as jealous as hell even though we're having an impromptu rally at Chez Popeye's this weekend; a total of four vans, does that count? Put me down on the list for next year, I'll convoy with @Granjan .

A rally next year - what a great idea! We are enjoying it so much we might stay here instead of touring, the site is certainly better than Bonterra at Benicassim!

Ginny

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Oh no! Poor you Pat! Les will have to really look after you now! Hope its not too painful! We think Les is smirking in the background, you could hit him with your pot! You had better stay out there till it has healed properly!
I have had enough now Janet and am ready for our ferry on the 2 May. Weather is superb now but am looking forward to my bed, seeing the grandkids and just being home. I knew I shouldn't have bought those new cycling gloves this morning :confused:

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
A rally next year - what a great idea! We are enjoying it so much we might stay here instead of touring, the site is certainly better than Bonterra at Benicassim!

Ginny
Ooops

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hope she is alright, look's as if she has had good treatment. We are at Peterborough and to be fare we have had a really nice day with lots of sunshine, but just for a touch of reality it's started persisting down, never mind a bottle of wine and a warm van, we can cope. (y)
Hi Carol, I can confirm Pat is ok, we shared gin and strawberries this evening and we are going to sign her pot before Steve and Sue @elamessa have to leave tomorrow. We will be sorry to see them go and so will Charlie who seems to spend more time at their Motorhome than ours!

We look forward to seeing you at one or two of the rallies.

Ginny

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Hi Ginny Mike and Charlie
Sorry we can't be with you at Benicarlo after we had such a good time at last years rally.
Due to Carol having on going health issues we didn,t make it to Spain this winter, might make it in September if given the all clear and again early next year Benicarlo is top of the list.
Now at Shell Island for a few days trying out the new van had a good couple of days so far but today overcast and the wind is getting up but we are used to that after Spain last year
Max is really bad with the arthritis now had him to the vets on Monday said there is nothing they can do only increase his medication .
Hope the weather stays good for you and hope to see you soon
Dave Carol and Max

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Ginny Mike and Charlie
Sorry we can't be with you at Benicarlo after we had such a good time at last years rally.
Due to Carol having on going health issues we didn,t make it to Spain this winter, might make it in September if given the all clear and again early next year Benicarlo is top of the list.
Now at Shell Island for a few days trying out the new van had a good couple of days so far but today overcast and the wind is getting up but we are used to that after Spain last year
Max is really bad with the arthritis now had him to the vets on Monday said there is nothing they can do only increase his medication .
Hope the weather stays good for you and hope to see you soon
Dave Carol and Max

It's lovely to hear from you again Dave and sorry to hear Carol has been unwell, we hope she is on the mend now. Are you going to any of the rallies in the Uk ? It would be lovely to catch up with you again.

The weather here is brilliant, lovely and hot and now Mike has the mobility scooter we can get out and about.

We hope to see you soon if not in the UK then in Benicarlo next Spring!

Ginny and Mike

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
How long you and Mike staying there Ginney ?
We will be leaving Javea at the end of the month, but have not decided yet if it's Portugal or France. :) Bob.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
How long you and Mike staying there Ginney ?
We will be leaving Javea at the end of the month, but have not decided yet if it's Portugal or France. :) Bob.

Hi Janey and Bob, we leave here on the 1st May and catch the tunnel on the 7th, so I don't think we will see you, are you going to the UK on your travels?

We are thinking of staying here next year for a couple of months, it is a lovely friendly site and now Mike has the mobility scooter we are zooming around!

It would be lovely to catch up with you at one of the rallies, or you can stay on our drive anytime!

Ginny, Mike and Charlie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
OK Ginner if we decide to head that way before you leave I will let you know maybe we can go a bit earlier it's getting hot now. :cool:
We will be back in the UK, but not decided when, but it seems Cornwall is where we will be this year, ;) Janie has lined up a lot of friends driveways to visit. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
OK Ginner if we decide to head that way before you leave I will let you know maybe we can go a bit earlier it's getting hot now. :cool:
We will be back in the UK, but not decided when, but it seems Cornwall is where we will be this year, ;) Janie has lined up a lot of friends driveways to visit. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

We are going to Bagwell rally in June, will you be there?

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back