Aldi Sat (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

They really arn't the same, the Aldi one needs to be mounted on a pole or tripod or some other seperate bracket assemble that you will need to supply yourself, where as the Maplins is truly portable it comes with all of the mounts cables etc that you should need.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

They really arn't the same, the Aldi one needs to be mounted on a pole or tripod or some other seperate bracket assemble that you will need to supply yourself, where as the Maplins is truly portable it comes with all of the mounts cables etc that you should need.

Agree with Braunston also either the set top box is very big or the sattelite dish is small. My dish from the suitcase set is twice the size of the set top box.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I don't think this is their "mobile" version, mains voltage only (I guess) and no mount for the dish. Could live with "now and next" as opposed to a full EPG though

Steve

Last edited:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
in my humble opinion the aldi one you are looking at would be a lot less fiddly than the suitcase type to set up.
but if you are going on the continent (south) you will need a bigger dish.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Jim

The Aldi reciever is not 12 volt

I say YES,

The tuner is worth about £50

Link Removed

so if you want/need the dish it's a good buy.. the dish can be easily mounted on a tri pod or on your rear ladder .. :thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Last one i bought was from B&Q £39 all the gear needed even a meter special offer is now fitted to my daughters house in s/France works a treat ::bigsmile:
Regards

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Jim

My apologies you are correct, I think I just assumed it wasn't as it did say 12 volt or portable.

Hi

The product info doesn't say what voltage, you may be correct,.. but a quick look at the box contents prior to purchase would confirm.

jim

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Exactly the same as I bought last time they had them for sale.Works perfect and 12 volt.Only problem is, Lidle had them one week later for £25.My mate bought one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back