Leisure battery update and help (1 Viewer)

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
Hi all sorry bother again, just took my seat of to see if it was gel or wet, has whoever fitted put the label on the back, anyway this what I found elec sol 100 carbon mono bloc battery, dual purpose engine start and deep cycle. Question is this a gel or wet has I cannot see anything to say. I am concerned has there is no vent pipe . Thanks in advance for advise

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Elecsol are wet batteries and should have a vent pipe. If you look at the sides of the battery you should see a small breather hole at either end of the box lid.

OP
OP
Don't know

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
Thanks pooh bear does it mean it's dangerous without this
Vent pipe,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Elecsol are wet batteries and should have a vent pipe. If you look at the sides of the battery you should see a small breather hole at either end of the box lid.

And, they were the bestest batteries in the world, had super carbon fibre technology and their after sales customer service was wonderful.
:rofl: :rofl:

OP
OP
Don't know

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
Vent pipe,
And, they were the bestest batteries in the world, had super carbon fibre technology and their after sales customer service was wonderful.
:rofl: :rofl:
SuperMike are you saying they are rubbish ,

OP
OP
Don't know

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
Sorry pooh bear only just Sussed, how to press quote, to reply. So again is this battery dangerous without the breather pipe

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Vent pipe,

SuperMike are you saying they are rubbish ,

No, but overpriced and despite their claims, no better than anybody else. Bought one myself and it lasted no longer than others. I believe that whist they are no longer available , I think, the company are still in existence, albeit as a dormant organisation.

OP
OP
Don't know

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
No, but overpriced and despite their claims, no better than anybody else. Bought one myself and it lasted no longer than others. I believe that whist they are no longer available , I think, the company are still in existence, albeit as a dormant organisation.
Ok thank you, I have decided I am going to change, now anyway. Just not at ease now I know that it should have been vented with a breather pipe.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As its inside it should have a vent pipe as rapid charging could cause an explosive mixture in the vicinity of the battery. I don't know how significant this is but I suppose there must be some reason to fit the vent pipe. Suitable clear plastic pipe can be found in aquarium supply place if you cant get it anywhere else. If you're replacing it anyway get a sealed battery next time.

OP
OP
Don't know

Don't know

Free Member
Sep 17, 2015
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
12 month
As its inside it should have a vent pipe as rapid charging could cause an explosive mixture in the vicinity of the battery. I don't know how significant this is but I suppose there must be some reason to fit the vent pipe. Suitable clear plastic pipe can be found in aquarium supply place if you cant get it anywhere else. If you're replacing it anyway get a sealed battery next time.
Thank you ,on to Tanya batteries too order new batteries. Going with gel not keen on breather pipes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back