Moroccan funsters in Portugal/Spain & France 2016 (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Just started this thread for the peeps that are going to meander back thru Portugal, Spain etc and not to clog up the Morocco thread, so you can fill your boots here Phil with your pix:D
We are In Pera at the mo getting a few things sorted? I have read that the MEO data cards have increased will find out when we drop into a shop soon

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Great idea Marc!

Is that the Pera where Mikkis Place is? Is it still open or have the competition managed to get it shut down? When we were there it looked like they were going to have to close half of the site.

Edit. Oh yes, see from the Morocco 2016 thread.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
were coming down on saturday09/04/2016 couple of things to sort at Pedrogoa Grande then down to pedro's place at the weekend for a week then where ever(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Yes still open Terry, it appears they may still have to close half the site!! they will know this coming week, it's a shame really a lot of work has gone into the place as you are aware. I think they have resigned themselves to this much the pity,
We're still here at Mikki's got two new front tyres fitted today, awaiting another garage to get back to me re my sticking calliper on nearside brakes, could be here a few more days before the Barragems;)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just started this thread for the peeps that are going to meander back thru Portugal, Spain etc and not to clog up the Morocco thread, so you can fill your boots here Phil with your pix:D
We are In Pera at the mo getting a few things sorted? I have read that the MEO data cards have increased will find out when we drop into a shop soon
I have put the camera away Mark. We are still at Prai de Rocha and enjoying it very much. There is a couple of Germans setting up a Motorhome Shop here, been at for a few days now and it looks like it's going to be the bees knees when it's done. He let me have a look at his catalogue book and it's mega. I think he might be starting a Franchise for one of the big German company's the book has everything in it you could want and I suspect he can get any item delivered to site very quickly. A Bit pricey though, saw exact same seats we bought in the UK are definitely more expensive in his catalogue.
Our plan going forward is to stay here till at least Monday then head to Mina San Demingos and take it from there, either way we will be heading Northwards with a plan to arrive at Irun on 22nd and then onwards to Calais from there crossing on the 29th.
It would be good to see you or any other Funster at Mina San Demingos, there are none here that I've come across yet although one or two brits but mostly French. Apparently, this site has done very well since beginning of January with a lot of French and Dutch overwintering here. There is probably 150 odd motorhomes still here.
Your right about the wine, a large glass for 1 € at the on site bar and we have a wine o'clock every day. Going walk about in the town today and tomorrow, Camp-site boss has promised me the Man U game on the big TV in the bar and it should be a good game. We will do well to beat Spurs at their home ground I think.
How's Sam, Mena was asking for here.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Phil & Mena
We're still at Mikki's trying to sort out a mechanic to do my brake calliper? we are hoping to get away Mon if it can be sorted!!
The same German guy was here at Mikki's for quite some time. I had a brochure of his chucked in away few days ago while sorting the van and getting all the Moroccan dust out, never bloody ending.
I believe that James an English chap, he used to work here at Mikki's is giving him an hand to set up, Max did not get along strangely enough with the Germans dogs:D they are a nice couple tho, he used to do work on the vans and his wife worked in the shop.
I doubt we will hit Minas as we were there last year and we are looking at doing the Barragems through the centre on the way up north, We will be heading over to Peniche so I can get my Gnashers sorted 3 nice aires there and a municipal campsite, if our paths don't cross from here in, it was great being the Lead driver all the way from Ouarzzarte to Meknes till you took over in Meknes for 12km and got lost in Moulay Idriss:LOL::LOL: all jokes aside, enjoyed our 8 days travelling together(y) safe travels fella, love to Mena, enjoy the rest of the journey home, keep us posted pics welcome any size lol don't worry bout Terry
Be Lucky
Marc Sam n Maxwell
Tip for today Holywell;) EW heard it here first

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, same guy's and James works like a trojan all day long. Hope you get your brakes sorted and we look forward to the next time we meet.
Safe Travels.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Thanks Marc with a C, emailed Camperserve today for a spot first week May, is Mikki's a good place to stop for there was looking at Armacao de Pera or Pedro's and how the tyres rate compared to here. Plan after that is to move inland for a couple of weeks then meeting friends 21st Lagos so any good spots appreciated.
Cheers all from a very hot Marrakech
Dave & Maggie
Inshallah

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Yes, same guy's and James works like a trojan all day long. Hope you get your brakes sorted and we look forward to the next time we meet.
Safe Travels.

Give our regards to James and Ady is Gf we had a good drink with them the last night we were in Mikki's in Jan
Look forward to meeting up along the road somewhere along the line
Marc n Sam

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Marc with a C, emailed Camperserve today for a spot first week May, is Mikki's a good place to stop for there was looking at Armacao de Pera or Pedro's and how the tyres rate compared to here. Plan after that is to move inland for a couple of weeks then meeting friends 21st Lagos so any good spots appreciated.
Cheers all from a very hot Marrakech
Dave & Maggie
Inshallah

Got two Bridgestone balanced n fitted for €160 each worked out £211 so nobad looked at campers but after reading countless threads on here and everywhere else I just went with normal 215/70R C15,s contrary to what SherpaPhil told me :)
Mikki's is nice place, right up your street will keep u posted on the Barragems,

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Thanks Marc and Phil is it the same lady as last year with the deep voice serving on site, Hello to Mena
Dull here today suppose to lift by 12.00
Cheers all and Happy Trails

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Same here Dave, had rain this morning but moving back into warm dry weather again, very pleasant. Just met up with Jack and Angie who we met at Pedro's last year. Agreed to meet in bar for Man U game. Watched Arsenal game yesterday, fantastic. West Ham were robbed.
Mena sends her love to you both.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Sorry Dave that was supposed to be 130 euro each not 160 doh Mitchelins 150 and firestones 117euros

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Bought 56 cans of Amstel when we crossed from Moroc to Algecerias. It was signed as a special deal but I got my maths wrong and misread the offer which was in Spanish. Anyway, pack 1 of 28 cans now destroyed and working my way through pack 2. The last couple of days have been a bit hit and miss with the weather but come around 5pm it's perfect. Still at Praia de Rocha and every day we decide to stay one more day. We do like it here it's very relaxing and the cheap wine in the bar has nothing to do with it. LOL. Apparently, Jack got wrecked last night, partying with the Hermans and fell down twice in the motorhome and got stuck between two seats. Sounds like a Funster to me.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Phil & Mena
We're still at Mikki's trying to sort out a mechanic to do my brake calliper? we are hoping to get away Mon if it can be sorted!!The same German guy was here at Mikki's for quite some time. I had a brochure of his chucked in away few days ago while sorting the van and getting all the Moroccan dust out, never bloody ending.
I believe that James an English chap, he used to work here at Mikki's is giving him an hand to set up, Max did not get along strangely enough with the Germans dogs:D they are a nice couple tho, he used to do work on the vans and his wife worked in the shop.
Helped a single female camper this morning, she has a wonderful VW camper (California) but did not understand where her leisure batteries were and how to look after them. She said your man in your quote above offered to fit an 80W solar panel for 1000 Euros. I put her right!
Again, I find someone with a brand new Camper/Motorhome who has not read the operating manuals and does not understand how things work or how to look after them. This beauty cost 56,000 new and was very well put together, especially on the electrical side.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
The Old Bill were at Mikki's yesterday Phil looking for herman, apparently he is operating without a licence, he can expect a visit in next few days. 1000 to fit a 80w lol should be wearing a mask
My van goes into the garage fri morn, hopefully we will be on the road then fingers crossed.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The Old Bill were at Mikki's yesterday Phil looking for herman, apparently he is operating without a licence, he can expect a visit in next few days. 1000 to fit a 80w lol should be wearing a mask
My van goes into the garage fri morn, hopefully we will be on the road then fingers crossed.
Plod were here yesterday Marc for much of the day. Two cars and about 6 cops. Staff are staying tight lipped but your post adds more light. Herman is still building his outlet ! Told me 5 days ago it would be finished in 2. Another lorry load of chippings arrived yesterday and his pitch must now be the biggest on site. He must have a financial arraignment with the owners and is clearly spending a fair bit of dosh getting set up. I could understand the owners wanting him to stay and willing to protect him to a degree.
Is that to get your brake calliper done ? Hope it goes well. We're still at Praia de Rocha LOL ! I plan to make this my last day here (again) and will watch the West Ham V Man U game tonight in the bar then head up to Mina de Sao Domingos. (Finally got the spelling right).
Regards to Sam and Max,
Safe Travels.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Plod were here yesterday Marc for much of the day. Two cars and about 6 cops. Staff are staying tight lipped but your post adds more light. Herman is still building his outlet ! Told me 5 days ago it would be finished in 2. Another lorry load of chippings arrived yesterday and his pitch must now be the biggest on site. He must have a financial arraignment with the owners and is clearly spending a fair bit of dosh getting set up. I could understand the owners wanting him to stay and willing to protect him to a degree.
Is that to get your brake calliper done ? Hope it goes well. We're still at Praia de Rocha LOL ! I plan to make this my last day here (again) and will watch the West Ham V Man U game tonight in the bar then head up to Mina de Sao Domingos. (Finally got the spelling right).
Regards to Sam and Max,
Safe Travels.

He had a similar set up here at Mikkis his shop and van plus his getting about vehicles,
Don't watch the Man U game Phil, you put the kybosh on their season lol
Yes it is my calliper that's getting sorted, tyres done last week.
Finally spelt my name right tooo :LOL:(y)
Regards from us here,
Be Lucky

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Back in Spain on wed.
Topped supplies up at Los Barrios. €€€
Had a good day round Gib today. £££
Heading for Sanlucar tomorrow for a few days.
Portugal in a couple of weeks.
Where to get MEO card? Any coords please?
Not planning to do Algarve, turning north from Castro Marim for scenic route via barragems (thanks Marc)
20160415_205910.jpg

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Daz
I think you will have to go as far as Olhao to the worten store there?
Any wortons stores will do the meo data cards,
We have a list on the PC will try and post on here bit later
Sorted the brake prob yesterday! Leaving Mikki's later, Barragem do Arado first up on our list

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
H Daz
There is a store closer in Tavira

Worten Tavira Gran Plaza

Coordenadas: 37.1310170000, -7.6372470000

Centro Comercial Tavira Gran Plaza
Rua Almirante Cândido dos Reis 247 8800-318 Tavira

Dom. a 5ª - 10.00 | 22.00
6ª e Sábado - 10.00 | 23.00 Vésp. Feriado - 10.00 | 23.00

Or the one in Loule

upload_2016-4-16_10-27-2.png

Worten Loulé

Coordenadas: 37.1387400000, -8.0304600000

Olivais de Santo António - São Sebastião
8100-390 Loulé

2ª a Sábado - 09.00 | 22.00
Dom. e Feriados - 09.00 | 22.00

Regards
Marc

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Still in gib.
Had a walk all the way round the rock today. Got halfway and there is a half mile tunnel and a sign "no pedestrians" so went thru and continued journey! Great views of all the caves and tunnels off when you walk thru, all looking like they were chipped out by hand.

Deffo going to Sanlucar tomoz even tho weather forecast isn't great. Wet weather plan is wine and films!

Just bought bigger hard drive so will be seeking out @Armytwowheels again for the rest of their films.

If we were still in maroc we couldn't get the wine and wouldn't need the films.

Still warm enough for me here in Spain but Lynne is wrapping up at 28°!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back