LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Went to fill up with water today, the van (Autosleeper Kemerton) has the Whale system of filling the water (see pic), for some reason the water was only dribbling into the tank, it took 2 hours to fill:eek:. I tried filling using the submersible pump but that too was slow, the pump was running but just dribbling into tank. I think the problem is somewhere onboard of the filling point. Has anyone had a similar problem or know if there is an inboard filter of some kind, I cant inspect the onboard side of the fitting as its behind the kitchen units. I don't think I would be popular hogging the service point for 2 hours to fill up.
IMG_20160407_111225854.jpg

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Have an Autosleeper with the dreaded whale system; have not had this problem but have had others. Question is you electrics switched on, do not press the tap button on your , but make sure electrics are switched on.

It appears the cover is pushed down, but make sure it is as closed as possible.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Went to fill up with water today, the van (Autosleeper Kemerton) has the Whale system of filling the water (see pic), for some reason the water was only dribbling into the tank
I came across this with a chap filling up last year on a site in Derbyshire.....And of coarse, I was behind him. He went out and bought another connector, and removed the valve from it, giving himself a fast fill option. You just have to watch the overflow underneath.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If the water pressure was fine with both the hose pipe and the pump but it wasn't getting into the tank under pressure it sounds like you've somehow got at least a partial blockage in the pipe between the inlet and the tank.

No idea how that could happen though.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If the water pressure was fine with both the hose pipe and the pump but it wasn't getting into the tank under pressure it sounds like you've somehow got at least a partial blockage in the pipe between the inlet and the tank.

It seems that the valves are suspect Nick, (at least, according to the chap I mentioned). The 'one way' stops 'one waying', and becomes 'no way'.

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009

Yes thats my thinking as well, trouble is Everything onboard is behind the kitchen units so can't even see what sort of pipe is there.

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
It seems that the valves are suspect Nick, (at least, according to the chap I mentioned). The 'one way' stops 'one waying', and becomes 'no way'.
Do you know, Was it the valve on the van or on the end of the hose,

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Do you know, Was it the valve on the van or on the end of the hose,
The hose valve (outside). I have researched several tug (caravan) sites this afternoon, following your post, and this problem is affecting them as well. Pump running, but nothing coming from a full rollerball.......And yet their pumps are supplying to the taps. It has to be that valve. Anyway, the chap I met bought one next day, removed the valve from his old one, and attached a pipe for filling from a tap. Worked fine.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
A few on the Auto sleeper forum have had this and it's been the filter blocked in the inlet solenoid valve, and the filter is not removable.
You will need to remove the solenoid valve and clean the filter out.
John.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few on the Auto sleeper forum have had this and it's been the filter blocked in the inlet solenoid valve, and the filter is not removable.
You will need to remove the solenoid valve and clean the filter out.
John.
The guy I mentioned was on his first holiday with a brand new van, which seems to preclude a blocked filter. I takes many years of normal fresh water intake to bung up a filter.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
The guy I mentioned was on his first holiday with a brand new van, which seems to preclude a blocked filter. I takes many years of normal fresh water intake to bung up a filter.

On the Auto sleeper Forum some had blocked filters on newish vans.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back