Zenec E3715 reversing camera display (1 Viewer)

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi, I have a Zenec E3715 naviceiver unit in my Burstner motorhome and I cannot make the reversing camera display show a "mirror image" has anybody any idea how to change this please. All previous reversing camera's hav had a switch or other method to change the display and I cannot find anything that covers this in the manual.
Colin

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The function you need is built into the camera intended to be used by the system so isn't available on the monitor:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi Tony, I asked someone with a similar unit and he said that his display was "mirror image" but as there are no instructions to change it around I am beginning to think he didn't understand what I meant.
Chipster, The reason I want a mirror image is that at my age I find difficulty in turning my head round to reverse and when driving my car I use the mirror, so I prefer to have a similar display in my motorhome.
Thank you both for your interest
Colin

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi Tony, I asked someone with a similar unit and he said that his display was "mirror image" but as there are no instructions to change it around I am beginning to think he didn't understand what I meant.
Chipster, The reason I want a mirror image is that at my age I find difficulty in turning my head round to reverse and when driving my car I use the mirror, so I prefer to have a similar display in my motorhome.
Thank you both for your interest
Colin
I read the instructions for the display and for the camera. The display, as you have found, doesn't offer the option to mirror-image. The camera intended for use with that display does have the means to do what you want so I'm afraid the only answer is to use the 'correct' camera. The link I sent is for the camera instructions which explain how to reverse the image.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
The function you need is built into the camera intended to be used by the system so isn't available on the monitor:
Normally I would expect cameras to default to mirror image. However, looking at the diagram there seems to be the option to change the image.
See the text where the camera is, which mentions cut and twist wire. This is a standard method to mirror the image although they say invert.
So get the cable out the back of the monitor? Wire should be cut.

OP
OP
N

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi Tony, my camera is a waeco and I have checked it for ways to change the display without success so I'll just have to get used to it as it is.
Thanks
Colin

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
I have the Zenec E3715 in my Elegance and I have been wondering how to change to mirror image as I want it for towing a car on "A" frame. Not had a lot of time to see into it yet, but I will do it as and when. My Camera is a Waeco too.

Are "A" frames Legal in Europe :LOL::LOL::LOL:(n)

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Tony, my camera is a waeco and I have checked it for ways to change the display without success so I'll just have to get used to it as it is.
Thanks
Colin

You need to pull out the unit and look for a thin Yellow wire, disconnect the wire and you should have mirror image.

Dill

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
Many thanks Dill, I'll do that as soon as I can find a tool to release it from its mounting.
Colin

The tool should be with your instruction booklet in a polly bag two pieces of metal strip. You will need to remove the surround first though:LOL::LOL:

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
If it's like my Zenec (not sure of the number but in a 2015 Burstner) which is a double height unit I'd be interested in how you get it out. The installation note shows using a flat plastic blade under the bottom of the unit. See bottom of page four of this:
http://www.zenec.com/fileadmin/user...anuals/Z-E3715_MountingInstructions_DE-EN.pdf
I couldn't find the tool in my kit. I wanted to get to the wiring for mine to see about putting a second camera into it.

Thinking about it I have a Waeco camera as well and I've not noticed it's not reversed. I treat it like a rear view mirror and not noticed anything amiss. You got me worried now. I'll have to check when I get home!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Normally I would expect cameras to default to mirror image. However, looking at the diagram there seems to be the option to change the image.
See the text where the camera is, which mentions cut and twist wire. This is a standard method to mirror the image although they say invert.
So get the cable out the back of the monitor? Wire should be cut.
If I can refer to my previous thread, please note the diagram shows the wire to be cut is at the camera.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
That diagram is for a Zenec camera. The OPs camera is a Waeco. Unless of course Zenec just rebadge a Waeco but they didn't on mine.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
That diagram is for a Zenec camera. The OPs camera is a Waeco. Unless of course Zenec just rebadge a Waeco but they didn't on mine.
Fair enough:Smile:

OP
OP
N

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Looks like Burstner never include any removal tools in with the manuals etc I have 2 different remote controls but nothing else other than the user manuals.
I'm going to Peterborough this weekend so I'll see what I can find out.
Thanks everyone.
Colin

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
If it's like my Zenec (not sure of the number but in a 2015 Burstner) which is a double height unit I'd be interested in how you get it out. The installation note shows using a flat plastic blade under the bottom of the unit. See bottom of page four of this:
http://www.zenec.com/fileadmin/user...anuals/Z-E3715_MountingInstructions_DE-EN.pdf
I couldn't find the tool in my kit. I wanted to get to the wiring for mine to see about putting a second camera into it.

Thinking about it I have a Waeco camera as well and I've not noticed it's not reversed. I treat it like a rear view mirror and not noticed anything amiss. You got me worried now. I'll have to check when I get home!

We have the same unit in our Hymer.
To remove the unit you simply lever the bottom of the unit up and out as per the diagrams in the manual, mine pops out fairly easily. No installation tool is needed, but a plastic trim removal tool is useful to avoid marking anything.

Btw. As you have a Waeco camera already you might have the Waeco AMP100 connection interface box buried under the dash somewhere (if it's a dual lens shutter camera). I think this can also handle an extra video input and might be an easier way of adding an extra camera.

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
Hang on chaps been today and no joy. My unit came out pretty easy by levering from the top. Looked for thin yellow wire. The only yellow wire I found is going into a fused connection box. And that wasn't it. All other Yellows are all RCA connectors so back to square one.

I will contact them and try again.

Dill

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I bought a 2015 Elegance recently from Signature Motorhomes in Wolverhamption (not a Burstner dealer). I have the waeco camera and the Zenec screen and when I got the Moho home I realised the image was reversed (what was on the left appeared on the right and vice versa). I don't know if this is what you mean by mirror image but I struggle to see any circumstance where this would be useful but....
The guys at signature sorted it by fitting a small nmodule behind the Zenec unit. Sorry I wont be homeimage on my

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
For what it's worth, during my investigation of putting two cameras down the same cable (6 pin connector) the connector diagram showed a normal video line and also an inverse video line. I can find no reference in the Waeco manual about the "direction" of the video image but there may be another tail coming from the end of the camera cable (behind the Zenec) that is not used. This will likely have a yellow phono connector.

The mirror image is useful in that it gives the same view as you would get from a rear view mirror. If it were normal video what would be on the right of the monitor would be what was on the right of the camera. As this is pointing backwards it is not intuitive. The inverse image gives what we are all used to when driving with a normal rear view mirror.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Nomad. Have checked and the Gizmo fitted to my Burstner is a Waeco Perfect view accessory RV-AMP/4. The intro (in English :)) says it; "supplies the control signal for the cameras motor driven protective cap and the activation signal for the monitor."

Hope this helps. PM me if you want to know more

OP
OP
N

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi all, I never found any info at the Peterborough show and for the moment I am too busy to bother with it, so many thanks everybody I will have to leave it until next time I use the van.
Colin

Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
I'm still trying to sort mine. I am told that the RV-AMP/4 and the Amp 100 is for twin shutter camera's. The Waeco camera on mine is a single camara. I have traced all the wiring from the camera right back to the unit and found nothing. The loom from the camara to the unit I expected to see the usual waeco six pin push and turn connector but not on mine the wires are spliced into RCA connectors. I did try swapping some but no luck.

Will keep you informed.

Keith

OP
OP
N

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Thanks again Keith, if I find any way of changing it I'll certainly let you know.
Colin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back