Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
Hi All

8 Days to go now until I pick up my pride and joy, I was wondering how easy it would be to take the swivel off the drivers seat and just have it as a standard seat is this something that I could do or best left to the proffesionals.

Cheers All

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Why would you want to take off the swivel it gives you the extra rear facing seat?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
???

Hi All

8 Days to go now until I pick up my pride and joy, I was wondering how easy it would be to take the swivel off the drivers seat and just have it as a standard seat is this something that I could do or best left to the proffesionals.

Cheers All

But why would you want to? :Eeek:

Don't forget to sell it on Ebay once it's removed though :thumb:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
If the lock doesn't work it can make driving difficult:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
in answer to your question...yes it is easy enough to remove the swivel if you can use a spanner. (unless its a base vehicle factory fit)

as wasp and kickstart said it is an unusual request for help to remove one but each to thier own.
if you dont want it then thats your choice:thumb:

you could ask the dealer to remove it for you but make sure you get it and they dont keep it to sell on.:Doh: you'll maybe get £75 for a brand new one.:thumb:

OP
OP
whiskers27

whiskers27

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
The reason I am thinking of removing the swivel is that the maximum number of people that will ever travel in the van will be 3 and the other fact that I am 6ft 1in and i just felt a little high and restricted maybe its just because I have to get used to the driving position.

Thanks for your replies

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Do you not have an adjustment on the seat for the height the swivel doesnt make that much difference to the height, on mine it was about 20 mm
but thats on the passenger eat mines a transit though Cheers Rob W:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Heh your not going to sit on an orange box R U?:winky::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: :roflmto:

Or is it to stop speed cameras form taking pictures of you as you flash by:Tongue1:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
easy enough to remove an inch or two can make a difference ::bigsmile:

just do this in reverse

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ace68J3oknM"]click here[/ame]

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
The reason I am thinking of removing the swivel is that the maximum number of people that will ever travel in the van will be 3 and the other fact that I am 6ft 1in and i just felt a little high and restricted maybe its just because I have to get used to the driving position.

Thanks for your replies

You can get them lowered - there is only two of us but would not remove ours - makes getting to the living space from the cab very easy - depends on your layout as to how useful it is - we have U-shapel lounge so use ours as seat to take a shoes off ect near door, or when we have a visitor that is not staying long enough to remove their shoes!

Mar 30, 2009
Funster No
For the Ducato/Boxer up to 2006 and 2007+ you can buy lowered seat boxes, this allows you to keep the swivel and it will return the seat height to its original height, so you'd get the best of both worlds.

If you have the older Ducato/Boxer up to 2006 and have the swivel that is fitted above (FASP Swivel) then you will need to modify the seat box as they do not take into account that you may have cut off the front downward projections on the seat runners. This can easily be solved by welding a flat piece of metal accross the front of the lowered box and drilling holes to suit or alternatively purchase a new set of runners.

Hope that helps :)

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Whiskers27

Exactly what I've done on my Fortero (Transit base).

Take out the drivers swivel (it rearly got turned anyway) Its easy to do, gets rid of 26Kg of virtually useless weight and gives you a better view out of the windscreen. I'm sure the reason for the high swivel is so it goes over the handbrake.

For an even better driving position, also take that stupid grey Remo pelmet down (you'll soon get used to ignoring the rail for the bonus of additional visibility).:thumb:

Other than that the Transit base is brilliant.

Regards Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back