joep0906

Free Member
Apr 4, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi I am new to this forum and have had a motorhome off and on for a few years. I used to have one of the old Hobby vans which I like very much. I travelled all throughout Europe and loved every minute of it. However I have now purchased a new Fiat Ducato XLWB van and am trying to convert it myself. I have looked online for Youtube videos to help me do this but they are all very bad and I find most hinder more than help.

Is there anyone out there who is going to start converting a van from scratch who knows what he is doing so that I may video every aspect of the conversion in order to help people like myself make the best job possible. There are many people on Youtube who claim to know what they are doing, however most are telling people the wrong way. I therefore thought I would find a clever or experienced person who really does know his business and try to help other people like myself make the best job possible. I used to work for the BBC as a film editor so I think I can make a good collection of video covering every aspect of converting.

Please contact me if you can help me.

Thank you everyone reading this post.

Joep

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, look at the self built forum on here you may get some good information , also @Jim has just started a forum for Self Build which could be of use.

:pink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
:hiya2:
From us in East Sussex and :welcome4:

Try searching for threads by @Ralph-n-Bev Ralf has done some superb conversions.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thanks for that @Baycott but Ralphs only done the one , ours.
@Terry is the one who's done loads. He actually does them for other people too.
Welcome to the club Jo. You may find the self build section on here interesting. Though you may have to be a paid up member to View it.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/self-build-motorhomes.70/
Our self build , Pug, plus lots of others is on there.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi, have you checked out 'deepredmotorhome.com' ? plenty of info, pics and blow by blow accounts on there regarding a Fiat PVC.​

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Thanks for that @Baycott but Ralphs only done the one , ours.
@Terry is the one who's done loads. He actually does them for other people too.
Welcome to the club Jo. You may find the self build section on here interesting. Though you may have to be a paid up member to View it.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/self-build-motorhomes.70/
Our self build , Pug, plus lots of others is on there.
Sorry Bev, but seeing the pics of Pug I thought Ralph must have done a lot more :X3:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome (y)-I will be starting a new conversion as soon as one of the already done vans sell-
Never made a video bit there are lots of pics of van done both on here and - http://terryshbautocampers.co.uk/
Although we are happy with conversions done we are always looking for simpler ways to do things so experiment quite a lot and are not afraid to re do anything that we thought was better that turned out not to be :LOL:-Sometimes things turn up at the wrong time like the beds in my own Relay-just finished them when the bed bases came up so literally that same day ripped out what I had done in the morning and replaced that afternoon :DI experimented with different doors where 2 of us liked them(y) but about 22 others did not :D so they got changed -In Paul's Boxer van the bed got changed after deciding once in place, it was not right,then we changed the fridge/freezer to just a fridge.Paul decided that after putting in 17 lights that he could have done with just 2 :LOL::D:D

BOTH VANS ARE NOW UP FOR SALE AS PAUL DOES NOT USE HIS and I like his forward lounge as to my rear lounge
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back