Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi Folks
The wifey wants to know if you can leave your duvet in place with a drop down bed or do you have to remove it each time :rolleyes:

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
We leave ours with the pillows placed centrally, it all fits fine, but I suppose it deepened on which motorhome you have and the clearance.(Rapido)
Thank you for the prompt answer ,the wifey has been doing my head in this afternoon with that one ,we will be picking up a rapido on wednesday (y)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Thank you for the prompt answer ,the wifey has been doing my head in this afternoon with that one ,we will be picking up a rapido on wednesday (y)

You shouldn't have any problem at all as long as you place the pillows lengthways either side of the rooflight. We also leave our ladder up top but I place it on the duvet and then fold the duvet over the top of it to cushion the ceiling. sometime might have to push it forward slightly to avoid it catching the little bulge where the front roof meets the the main roof but its not a problem.

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Rapido 927F, A-class, LHD
Exp
Since 2000
We fitted a mattress topper which made the drop down bed a tight fit with all bedding on our Rapido 927F but i got hold of a seat belt extender which drops the bed about 30 cms.
will post photo if you need it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
interesting - on our van - adria matrix 670sl - I am sure leaving anything on the drop down bed would blow the fuse ( simple enough to reset ) might try it next time we take the grandkids out and about.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We've got a mattress topper and we leave all the bedding including the pillows on our drop down bed. (Hymer ) Starting to wonder if we should.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hymers have an adjustable strap to hold the bed up so plenty of room. Rarely use ours as a bed but very useful on longer trips for storing clothes.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We use ours (Hymer) as a storage area for spare duvet covers, blankets, odds and ends etc.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We use ours (Hymer) as a storage area for spare duvet covers, blankets, odds and ends etc.

Knew one where they used an AIR mattress for when they had visitors/grandkids. doubled as storage the rest of the time. mattress was left at home!.

Pete

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
On mine (Hymer) we have 2 x memory foam overlays, 2 x sleeping bags, and 4 x pillows. There's room for more:).

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I can in helga!! I have the bed made up, spare clothes on it, ladder on it, and clothes dryer ,,, I also have a Thai masseur that I found on a 5 star site, 2 fruity sellers( if I ever get cold) 1 flamenco dancer, and her spare dresses, and a large bag of oranges I got from Seville!! No prob for room !!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I can in helga!! I have the bed made up, spare clothes on it, ladder on it, and clothes dryer ,,, I also have a Thai masseur that I found on a 5 star site, 2 fruity sellers( if I ever get cold) 1 flamenco dancer, and her spare dresses, and a large bag of oranges I got from Seville!! No prob for room !!
& you wonder why it falls on yer head going along ?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
How about?. If you use it as storage that could move some of the weight from the rear axle? which is at times an issue, especially for BIG garage operatives.

So to take this to an Il(logical) conclusion? Is there any Legal reason why you could not fit a rack to the front and load a motorcycle?.

Just askin`?

Pete

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We fitted a mattress topper which made the drop down bed a tight fit with all bedding on our Rapido 927F but i got hold of a seat belt extender which drops the bed about 30 cms.
will post photo if you need it
That is one hell of a topper A FOOT DEEP? stick with the old measurement, like wot i does, I know an inch.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So to take this to an Il(logical) conclusion? Is there any Legal reason why you could not fit a rack to the front and load a motorcycle?.

I think there is legislation that prohibits fitting racks etc to the front.. same legislation that prohibits metal bull bars .. will have a Google..

Update

I wasn't quite correct..

It is not illegal for vehicles to be fitted with
bull bars, although the Department would not
recommend their fitment unless it has been shown, through compliance with specified safety
standards, that they do not pose an
additional
risk of injury to pedestrians or other vulnerable road
users.
There are no plans
for legislation to require bull bars
that are
already fitted to be removed.
However, since 25 May 2007, it has been an offence for bull bars
that have not been approved as
compliant with those safety standards
to be sold.
Approved devices will carry an indelible ‘e’ mark

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I think there is legislation that prohibits fitting racks etc to the front.. same legislation that prohibits metal bull bars .. will have a Google

It's probably illegal here but in Seattle the buses have bike racks on the front :) I thought that was brilliant.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It's probably illegal here but in Seattle the buses have bike racks on the front :) I thought that was brilliant.

In my experience the vast majority of urban service buses in the USA are fitted with front bike racks.

Imagine the personal injury claim if you hit a pedestrian!!

No Pedestrian, should be that stupid as to stand in front of a BUS!!. To do so should be classed as Suicide!.

Pete

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Even Dover Castle has a rack.