LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Don't get Charlie started again. :cautious:
You cant he has been banned for a month. However his threads on detailing are a good read. He swears by Collinite 476 wax. I have previously used Autoglym HD, it was hard work and very dusty to polish off. So on Charlies recommendation I bought the 476 and gave it a whirl, no pun intended. I was very pleased, it is easy to apply in a thin even layer and polishes off cleanly without too much dust. Charlie considers it a long lasting wax, up to 6 months, I have yet to test that, we get the van out of the barn this week in readiness for 3 months away.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I followed Charlie's recommendation for 476S. It lasted really longl on my daily runabout. From mid November to last weekend. Normally it gets waxed every 6 weeks. The van has been done twice since November only because I like it to be clean and shiny.:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
i have just, yesterday, done my Rapido. I used Autoglym super resin polish as I have previously but this time I use an electric polisher (Lidl) and the results are truly amazing. Its come up like new with all the road film and tarnishing removed and the colour back to the original. I would say that its good to get the motorhome as clean as possible with something like Fenwicks caravan cleaner first and if you notice the polisher leaving dirty marks change the bit because that makes the final hand polish much easier.

I think with the electric polisher you are able to make a better job of it than just doing it by hand because that can be hard work. I haven't used a wax but I will use Autoglym fast wax when I next wash it as I have found that very good.

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
Not tried Colonite ....sounds like it may come from Your Tube or a back end deal of some sort...:D

I use products by ...

http://www.bilthamber.com/

Not the cheapest but give great long lasting results...:)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
i have just, yesterday, done my Rapido. I used Autoglym super resin polish as I have previously but this time I use an electric polisher (Lidl) and the results are truly amazing. Its come up like new with all the road film and tarnishing removed and the colour back to the original. I would say that its good to get the motorhome as clean as possible with something like Fenwicks caravan cleaner first and if you notice the polisher leaving dirty marks change the bit because that makes the final hand polish much easier.

I think with the electric polisher you are able to make a better job of it than just doing it by hand because that can be hard work. I haven't used a wax but I will use Autoglym fast wax when I next wash it as I have found that very good.

I thought electric polishers were no good as you they are too abrasive?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
If you want some Polish all over your motorhome, visit a hand car wash!:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back