LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi all,I have an old German Oyster sat dish with the original receiver-positioner.
My problem is that it automaticaly goes to Asra one,which is the standard for Europe.
I run a sky digi box in tandem with it to recieve sky.
I then have to manualy tune to Sky.
Is there anyway I can set the German reciever-tuner to go directly to Astra two,Sky,so that I can do away with the Sky digi box?.
I only want the free to air,as I dont subscribe.
Hope this makes sense.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
is it controlled by the sat receiver or does it have its own 'aiming' box of tricks?

there must be a menu program in there somewhere to allow any satellite co-ords to be automaticaly selected.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
is it controlled by the sat receiver or does it have its own 'aiming' box of tricks?

there must be a menu program in there somewhere to allow any satellite co-ords to be automaticaly selected.
Hi John,Its controlled by its own reciever,Problem is I dont have any distructions for the damned thing.
I have to let it find Asra,which of course is the wrong Astra for us,then alter the parameters manualy to get Astra 2.
Then through a switcher box,run my digi box.:Sad::Angry::Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

Maybe this manual will help ..

Google : oyster satellite system instructions

The first Google link has a manual, I can't upload it's too big and it's a banned link

hth

jim

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi

Maybe this manual will help ..

Google : oyster satellite system instructions

The first Google link has a manual, I can't upload it's too big and it's a banned link

hth

jim
Chears Jim, Will try that. The Oyster bods at one of the shows told me to take it off and buy a new system,"Oh Yea" am gona do that arnt I????ÂŁ1500 or there abouts.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If you have no luck with download I have a set of Oyster instructions which I will post to you if required. I forgot to pass these on with my last RV

Larry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you have no luck with download I have a set of Oyster instructions which I will post to you if required. I forgot to pass these on with my last RV

Larry
Hi Larry, Are they for the old system?
My reciever-positioner is by Ten Haaft.
Cant believe I am the only one on here with this old system,there must be a way of making it go to Astra 2,instead of Astra 1.
I also nead to know if the Ten Haaft reciever will recieve free to air,so I can do away with running 2 recievers.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
should have mentioned it at Malvern Dave, then we could all have had a go at breaking it for you...:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thats the reson why I said nothin pal.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Larry, Are they for the old system?
My reciever-positioner is by Ten Haaft.
Cant believe I am the only one on here with this old system,there must be a way of making it go to Astra 2,instead of Astra 1.
I also nead to know if the Ten Haaft reciever will recieve free to air,so I can do away with running 2 recievers.

Hi, yes it was by Ten Haaft Revised Jan 2003 Software version 1:07. As far as receiving free to air , my limited knowledge sees no problem. I hitched mine sometimes to a sky receiver and also to a Technomate.
The instructions read as follows to configure the control unit for a default satellite:-

Press menu
Press > until " search satellite " is displayed
Press " OK "
Press > until the desired satellite is displayed
Press " OK "
The satellite selected is now stored as the default satellite.

Good luck,
you can still have the manual if required

Larry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, yes it was by Ten Haaft Revised Jan 2003 Software version 1:07. As far as receiving free to air , my limited knowledge sees no problem. I hitched mine sometimes to a sky receiver and also to a Technomate.
The instructions read as follows to configure the control unit for a default satellite:-

Press menu
Press > until " search satellite " is displayed
Press " OK "
Press > until the desired satellite is displayed
Press " OK "
The satellite selected is now stored as the default satellite.

Good luck,
you can still have the manual if required

Larry
Hi Larry,Many thanks,will PM you with post details,am very gratfull for that.:thumb:
One more question. Did you ever use the Ten Haaft reciever as a stand alone unit,
that is to say ,without the Sky reciever,to watch freesat.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Larry,Many thanks,will PM you with post details,am very gratfull for that.:thumb:
One more question. Did you ever use the Ten Haaft reciever as a stand alone unit,
that is to say ,without the Sky reciever,to watch freesat.

Hi no I never tried that Larry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back