Today's the day (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
Well, after a 5 year lay-off from motorhoming, I finally pick up my new Bessacarr 454 from Lowdham's in Huddersfield today. I had a Swift Bolero for a couple of years, but work meant that I wasn't using it enough to warrant keeping it, so reluctantly I let it go. However, in July I retire and I intend to make full use of my investment! I'll be soloing around Europe eventually, but first a Summer getting used to everything again in the UK. I'm very excited, but also a little bit nervous, particularly of filling up with LPG for the first time, something I've never done. I hope I won't live to regret my decision to have a Gaslow system installed! Hope to meet some fellow Funsters on my travels!

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Welcome from another west yorks Funster - hope to see you on the road someday

Enjoy the new van and new adventures (y)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Filling up with gas is easy, you will need adapters for Europe but they are easily available.
Take a pair of rigger gloves with you to use in case of any LPG spillage, although I have never felt the need to use gloves.
And if you take that accordion with you, give us your itinerary so we know where you are going to be.......:imoutahere:
Enjoy yourself.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Welcome from ex West Yorkshire lass. Enjoy your new freedom and Motorhome
:hiya:
Pat

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Congrats on your new van . Welcome to Fun . Enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi :wb: Sounds like a wonderful way to start your retirement, why not join Fun at one of the rally's this Summer and maybe meet some of our Solo members fu. Rally's are always good fun and gives you chance to meet other Funsters. ( Stratford on Avon ) in June is a good one if you could make a few days, also the Malvern Rally in August, give you a chance to look at all those things you never knew you wanted. Though you would need to be quick booking Malvern as it will get booked up very quickly and there is a limit on it. (Be sure to book with Motorhome Fun) if you do book any of the rally's.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Congratulations, welcome to the fun.
I hope you have many enjoyable trips in your new motorhome.
I collect my first motorhome on the 9th of this month, as I'm also a solo traveller I'm finding it a bit daunting but I'm hoping all will be well in the end.
Lots of solo travellers on this site so your not alone.
Take care and all good wishes to you.
Mimi

OP
OP
Squeezy
Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
Hi :wb: Sounds like a wonderful way to start your retirement, why not join Fun at one of the rally's this Summer and maybe meet some of our Solo members fu. Rally's are always good fun and gives you chance to meet other Funsters. ( Stratford on Avon ) in June is a good one if you could make a few days, also the Malvern Rally in August, give you a chance to look at all those things you never knew you wanted. Though you would need to be quick booking Malvern as it will get booked up very quickly and there is a limit on it. (Be sure to book with Motorhome Fun) if you do book any of the rally's.

Thanks for the advice, Carol. I might well take you up on it.

OP
OP
Squeezy
Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
Everything went well with the handover, so I'm set to go on Monday for my first outing at Robin Hood's Bay. A quick aside: does anyone know how to set the clock on a new Ducato? I've followed the instructions in the manual, but I don't seem to be getting as many menu choices as it suggests.

OP
OP
Squeezy
Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
Filling up with gas is easy, you will need adapters for Europe but they are easily available.
Take a pair of rigger gloves with you to use in case of any LPG spillage, although I have never felt the need to use gloves.
And if you take that accordion with you, give us your itinerary so we know where you are going to be.......:imoutahere:
Enjoy yourself.
Lol:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back