Overseas pet insurance (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Can anyone recommend a pet insurance that includes overseas cover of more than 30 days *per trip*?

I've found 3 trips up to 30 days, or 45 days per year. I'd like, say, 3 trips up to 45 days.

Karen

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Mine are insured with MoreThan.

The cover includes three trips up to 60 days.

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
@NickNic

Comparing all these policies is giving me a headache :(

More Than is certainly better for the overseas bit but it seems to exclude 'costs charged by a vet to fill or provide a prescription'. Home or away. Is that right? Because pet pills etc can be very costly.

I also notice that Tesco and presumably any of them 'may choose not to renew a policy'. So I'm planning to pay for top level lifetime cover in case of an ongoing condition but then they could choose not to renew the policy when it becomes clear that its not in their interest. And I've paid over the odds for the peace of mind.

Karen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We, or rather the pooch, are with Liverpool Victoria, it has no limit on the time outside the UK.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@NickNic

Comparing all these policies is giving me a headache :(

More Than is certainly better for the overseas bit but it seems to exclude 'costs charged by a vet to fill or provide a prescription'. Home or away. Is that right? Because pet pills etc can be very costly.

I also notice that Tesco and presumably any of them 'may choose not to renew a policy'. So I'm planning to pay for top level lifetime cover in case of an ongoing condition but then they could choose not to renew the policy when it becomes clear that its not in their interest. And I've paid over the odds for the peace of mind.

Karen

Lifetime cover is the most important thing. Don't sacrifice that for anything else.

Any insurance company can always choose not to renew a policy so don't worry about that, it's irrelevant. Choosing not to renew a policy won't affect a claim already in progress so the life time cover for a specific claim would still be good.

I didn't know what my policy specifically allowed for foreign travel until you asked the question and I checked. We can't do long long trips yet so it isn't an issue for me, I just needed general EU cover.

If the long term EU travel is an essential for you then once you add that to the life time cover you're going to be limiting your options slightly so you will have to be prepared to compromise on something else.

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
@NickNic

The lifetime cover is only valid if the policy is in force. So if the dog has an age-related condition and the policy is not renewed - no more cover. And no other insurer would cover the condition. But I take your point, any insurer will reserve that right.

Is it correct that More Than don't pay for medications?

Karen

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@NickNic

The lifetime cover is only valid if the policy is in force. So if the dog has an age-related condition and the policy is not renewed - no more cover. And no other insurer would cover the condition. But I take your point, any insurer will reserve that right.

Is it correct that More Than don't pay for medications?

Karen

If you want to PM me your email address I will send you a copy of the policy book so you can have a read up on what they cover or don't cover.

I've never had reason to claim so I can't comment on what they're like in the event that you need to.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I'm with Liverpool Victoria,

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
I'm interested in getting this for long overseas trips. Anyone have any updates on who they use currently?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We used Asda when Jamie was a pup - they have three levels, not cheap but we needed to cover long term and also Morocco. As long as it is renewed (i.e. not allowed to lapse) every year we're covered for just about anything but not "regular" medication (worming/flea tablets etc.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back