Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Have had our Auto Sleeper Sigma EL (09 plate) for 3 months and having just spent 8 wks in it we are very pleased with it so far. However, having read the manual it states that to remove the spare wheel, it has to be unbolted (3 bolts) and then lowered to the ground on the small winch using the tool provided. The problem is there is no winch and to remove the wheel could cause injury due to it's position and weight etc. I discussed this with the Auto Sleeper Sales Manager whilst at the show at Pickering in July and he stated that I should get Marquis to install it. Surprise Surprise! Auto Sleeper are now stalling and I wonder if any Sigma owners or Broadway owners out there have a winch fitted or not and if not what is being done about it. Comments pse.:thumb:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Sigma

Have had our Auto Sleeper Sigma EL (09 plate) for 3 months and having just spent 8 wks in it we are very pleased with it so far. However, having read the manual it states that to remove the spare wheel, it has to be unbolted (3 bolts) and then lowered to the ground on the small winch using the tool provided. The problem is there is no winch and to remove the wheel could cause injury due to it's position and weight etc. I discussed this with the Auto Sleeper Sales Manager whilst at the show at Pickering in July and he stated that I should get Marquis to install it. Surprise Surprise! Auto Sleeper are now stalling and I wonder if any Sigma owners or Broadway owners out there have a winch fitted or not and if not what is being done about it. Comments pse.:thumb:
Looks like I'm the only Sigma owner out there!!:Eeek:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Looks fairly simply to me, just take it back to your supplying dealer and point out the missing winch and insist that they supply one and fit it.

It is clearly part of the vans speciication.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Looks fairly simply to me, just take it back to your supplying dealer and point out the missing winch and insist that they supply one and fit it.

It is clearly part of the vans speciication.

Peter
Thanks for your reply. I think Auto Sleeper are dragging their heals but will check with Marquis Devon tomorrow and report findings later:thumb:.

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
winch

Thanks for your reply. I think Auto Sleeper are dragging their heals but will check with Marquis Devon tomorrow and report findings later:thumb:.

Update. Auto Sleeper have agreed to fit the winch at no cost to me except that I have to take the vehicle to their factory at Willersey. Not a problem as I will be 1/2 there anyway and fancy a short trip before the end of the month and have booked for a couple of nights at CC site at Broadway. As a matter of interest I checked all of the A/S stock at Marquis Plymouth and found that none of them had a winch fitted. God help anyone who tries to remove the spare wheel without a winch as I'm sure they will get injured at some stage:Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
God help anyone who tries to remove the spare wheel without a winch as I'm sure they will get injured at some stage:Doh:

To get our spare out I have lie full stretch under the back, crank it down on two long bolts, unhook the carrier - that is, with one hand raise the spare, with the other move the hook, then jack it up a bit because there is insufficient clearance to slide it out.

I fantasise about fitting it on the rear like 4X4s. Trouble is, the bikes are in the way.

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Winch

Had a lovely stay at the CC site at Broadway in the Cotswolds last Thur-Sat as my Auto Sleeper Sigma was booked in for a winch for the spare wheel. Took the van in on Thur at 0930 and had the winch fitted no problem and Paul the fitter was very helpful. As we had a couple of hours to kill we walked through Willersey and on to Broadway and what a lovely couple of villages they are. If I hadn't had to visit AS we would never have visited them. If you are looking for a lovely area too visit the Vale of Evesham is worth a trip :thumb:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Tyre Pressures

Bit of a confused area this. On taking over my Sigma in June I was informed that the Tyre Pressure were 56 front and 60 rear. However on the passenger door post it states 72 front and 79 rear (all PSI). I discussed this whilst at A/S last week and they recommend 70/79 but they admit that the ride will be very hard as the van is based on a commercial vehicle. Just back home and plan to visit a local tyre firm for advise but has anyone else had the same problem with T/P? Obviously if they are wrong it will cause premature tyre wear and financial outlay. anyone know of a website to cross check or any other avenue to explore:Doh:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Spare wheel winch.

:Smile:Guess what?? The winch didn't work so have had it replaced, free of charge, by the local Fiat dealer He said that it wasnt the first one he'd replace so there must be a design fault Anyway I had him show me that it worked and I tried it later with no problems.
Hopefully thats the end of that saga.
Marquis were very helpful and sorted it out for me.:thumb:

petertee

Free Member
Jun 22, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
since June 2008
Looks like I'm the only Sigma owner out there!!:Eeek:

That may be so Geoff but I'm a Broadway owner and may be having to visit Willersey myself so I was pleased to read your comments about your experiences there.:Smile:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Towbar

Have had our Auto Sleeper Sigma EL (09 plate) for 6 months and wonder if any Sigma owner has had a tow bar fitted for towing a light car :thumb:[/QUOTE]

deka

Free Member
Nov 20, 2013
stoke-on-trent
Funster No
MH
auto-sleeper sigma el
Exp
Auto Sleeper Sigma EL winch

Hi Geoff, I've just purchased a Auto Sleeper Sigma EL (09 plate (private sale) and guess what " no winch " who did you contact at Auto-Sleeper please. :cry:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Deka

I did everything via the Customer Services Manager but forgotten his name. I would quote H&S and me also. My veh number is HY 09 XNW and will be on their records so if they have done it for me, why not you!:thumb:
Google Auto Sleeper and I'm sure you will find his tel number.
Wonder if the last owner ever tried to lower the wheel etc. :Eeek:

Keep me up to date on a PM if you want

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have an older 07 Autosleeper and not sure how our spare wheel comes off but should we ever have a flat we would call the breakdown service to get it out from underneath.
Seems complicated and hard work for one person to get it out from under the van?
Glad to hear the positive outcome with MARQUIS and Autosleeper though.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Spare wheel

How nice to have a spare wheel fitted! My Tribute T620 has no spare wheel and nowhere to fit one, so when I go touring, I put one I bought on the bike rack and take a Brompton folder bike. I have to say, in the 20+ years I have been using a motorvan, I have only ever had one puncture (fingers heavily crossed at this point!).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back