Nogent aire. Champagne area (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We wondered if anyone has stayed here? We are going between Charlon en champagne and Dijon and would like a peaceful aire walking distance to a village or town . This is p 130 in the All the aires north book (no 53)
If not this one is there a nice one anyone can recommend in this area ? There seems to be a cluster which made us think it was a nice valley.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If it's Nogent sur Seine the aire is a kilometre from the town I believe.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If that one's no good for you then Mareuil-sur-Ay is lovely.

Another option depending on what you need might be Froncles. That's a site in all but name.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks
If that one's no good for you then Mareuil-sur-Ay is lovely.

Another option depending on what you need might be Froncles. That's a site in all but name.

Where is that one? Can't see it
Is it not in the aires book?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks

Where is that one? Can't see it
Is it not in the aires book?

They are both in All the Aires. My books are in the van in storage so can't give you the page numbers.

Here are the Camper Contact links instead (y)

http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...home-parking-relais-nautique-havengebouw.aspx

http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...2066/motorhome-parking-la-halte-nautique.aspx

Ignore the number of places on both, they are bigger than it says.

Reactions: DBK

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
Just a question what wifi are you using for these messages or are you just paying for the roaming on your phone

Neil

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I'm using the camp wifi
However I'm trying to use roaming on my phone occasionally as I have data in my three contract but I can't get it to kick in even though I have 3G and data roaming selected one phone.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm using the camp wifi
However I'm trying to use roaming on my phone occasionally as I have data in my three contract but I can't get it to kick in even though I have 3G and data roaming selected one phone.
Worth checking your Three account is set for roaming and not just your phone. This link will take you to a page where you will need to log in first but after that go to this page and it will say if you are set up for international use: https://www.three.co.uk/New_My3/International_settings

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
What a lovely spot Froncles aire is! River on one side and canal on the other. Nice tip! Thanks :)
image.jpg
image.jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What a lovely spot Froncles aire is! River on one side and canal on the other. Nice tip! Thanks :)View attachment 99049 View attachment 99050

It's great isn't it.

When the lady comes round to collect the money you just tell her if you've had water or are using electric. I think it's about €1 for water and the same per day for electric.

The showers and the laundry are open while she's there. Tell her if you want them and she will make sure you've finished before she leaves.

If you wander across the bridge opposite where the toilet building is, through the yard and keep heading more or less uphill there's a small Carrefour.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
That's that's really helpful
Is Froncles village not too far by foot?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That's that's really helpful
Is Froncles village not too far by foot?

No. You can walk out the way you came in and turn left or you can go over the foot bridge and follow your nose.

About 5 minutes either way.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks
Found the Carrefour - no fresh milk till next week surprised me. Obv rural conditions around here :)
Not found baker yet

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks
Found the Carrefour - no fresh milk till next week surprised me. Obv rural conditions around here :)
Not found baker yet
We always take ,or buy there, long life milk perhaps not the same but it doesn't take any room in your fridge just store it anywhere, and you are never without then(y)

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
If you walk over the bridge from the aire towards the carrefour the bakers is up the road to the left.
Agree with chaser re the milk, fresh can be sparse in France, the long life is easier to get and store.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks
Not found baker yet
Our foreign friends don't do fresh milk like us. I blame this on our failure to conquer them and bring them into the British Empire where they could have been taught how to make and drink tea. For which civilising enlightenment they would have been eternally grateful for.

You will find fresh milk in some but by no means all super markets, usually tucked away somewhere amongst the chilled displays. Often no more than the odd dozen bottles available.

Try Earl Grey tea in the afternoon with a slice of lemon and no milk.

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
If that one's no good for you then Mareuil-sur-Ay is lovely
Hi Stayed here last October.
All the Aires (North) page 124 No 17. Co-ords. N4902721, E00402062
Very nice peaceful place right on the river.
There are 2 sections to it. The proper section is on the LEFT as you get into the small riverside square, under the trees but if you turn Right at the river then you can park all along that road with 2 very nice pitches at the end bordered by a small hedge right by the river. These places go quickly as it is the best place to stop within the Aire. The road is not busy as it is a dead end.
The facilities are in the area under the trees. Token required, but I found the top right tap on the first service point worked without a token. Didn't use electricity here. Good for local Champagne houses. No big shops though..
Hope this helps.
Safe journey.
Nik.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've never bought fresh milk anywhere abroad. Their long life stuff is fine. It isn't the same as the UHT filth we get here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back