A lesson(or 2) learned (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Trying to light the oven on a very soggy weekend at Banham Zoo, realised that nothing was happening. Realised I had left the rack on bottom of oven and it was shorting the igniter.
1. Don't try to remove said rack whilst still holding in igniter button as it will result in severe shock to hand and profound swearing (grandkids learnt a few new words)
2. Fuse covering oven igniter also covers hob and fridge and it wasn't,t till home next day when unloading, realised fridge was off and all defrosting.
3. If you do happen to repeat this, use ice to sooth hand as it will have melted by the time you get home!
Ahh the joys of camping

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Trying to light the oven on a very soggy weekend at Banham Zoo, realised that nothing was happening. Realised I had left the rack on bottom of oven and it was shorting the igniter.
1. Don't try to remove said rack whilst still holding in igniter button as it will result in severe shock to hand and profound swearing (grandkids learnt a few new words)
2. Fuse covering oven igniter also covers hob and fridge and it wasn't,t till home next day when unloading, realised fridge was off and all defrosting.
3. If you do happen to repeat this, use ice to sooth hand as it will have melted by the time you get home!
Ahh the joys of camping
Top zoo, went there early this year nice site next door, very handy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Glad you all find it so funny, I,ll have you know my grandchildren are still traumatised , they thought grandad was a nice quiet old chap who took everything in his stride.

OP
OP
cranky
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
Top zoo, went there early this year nice site next door, very handy
**** the zoo, I,m missing a finger!!! I don't think you understand!

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
**** the zoo, I,m missing a finger!!! I don't think you understand!
It's only a finger still got 7 others, what you whinging at so long as it's not the one for picking your nose;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Glad you all find it so funny, I,ll have you know my grandchildren are still traumatised , they thought grandad was a nice quiet old chap who took everything in his stride.
and there was us thinking you were a cranky old curmudgeon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back