Orange camp very good value MH's ???? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Having been in Barcelona camping for a few days I am surrounded by Germans in Carado's(y) However noticed a new girl on the block an orange camp, looks identical to a Carado on the outside but it's clearly badged differently. So had a look at it in detail, basically a cheaper but cheerfully fitted out Carado (a division of Hymer). I did notice the engine size was 2 litres where as the Carados have 2.3, but seriously look at the prices of these things, €36K (just over £28K) for a new 2/3 berth coach built with a fixed double bed and large garage and Carado quality is very robust and good. Broken Link Removed
Worth a look and would be an import from Germany. (y)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We were at Cala Llevado a few days ago.. most Germans there were in various PVCS (and there were a lot of em)

My understanding is that each builder does a cheaper badged version though?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Even cheaper for a PVC!

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Looks very cheap until you start to spec it up to the equivalent UK standard, then it looks similar to a Carado or Roller Team. The advantage seems to be that you could order it without all the extras, like a larger engine, stability control etc. But would you want to own it in its most basic form?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
There are loads of budget vans from the main German players....its a surprisingly different and refreshing market then over here.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Looks very cheap until you start to spec it up to the equivalent UK standard, then it looks similar to a Carado or Roller Team. The advantage seems to be that you could order it without all the extras, like a larger engine, stability control etc. But would you want to own it in its most basic form?
If youv'e any sense you would, If they bring out a petrol version with points and condenser and a carb let me know
G

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I know but there are very different local markets in the UK, generally if you want a good price on a new or often S/H van from a dealer in Scotland that's not going to happen too often. My friend bought a secondhand 11 year old PVC off a dealer in Scotland. When the pound was at its best against the euro.For an extra 5k she could have bought the same orange camp van as mine. So a new larger modern better specced van vs an 11 year old one....no contest in my view!.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
UK market going to disappear up it own backside..
Days of rich pensioners with final salery pensions coming to an end. The prices here unwarranted and not sustainable! all for the dubious pleasure of a steering wheel on the wrong side...its laughable to be honest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
UK market going to disappear up it own backside..
Days of rich pensioners with final salery pensions coming to an end. The prices here unwarranted and not sustainable! all for the dubious pleasure of a steering wheel on the wrong side...its laughable to be honest
Yep have to agree with you to some extent there, parents spending kids inheritance and zero hours contracts, less home ownership means less leisure money around......maybe!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back