Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
Hi All

When I finally pick up my motorhome (10 Days to go) i will hopefully be using it for a few visits to some of the fishing lakes that previously have been to far to travel to without an uncomfortable nights kip in the car. Im sure it opens up a lot of doors for people with hobbies.

I was just wondering how many people use there motorhomes for their hobby as well as for holidays, and what type of hobbies other people use them for.

cheers all

Sam

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi All

When I finally pick up my motorhome (10 Days to go) i will hopefully be using it for a few visits to some of the fishing lakes that previously have been to far to travel to without an uncomfortable nights kip in the car. Im sure it opens up a lot of doors for people with hobbies.

I was just wondering how many people use there motorhomes for their hobby as well as for holidays, and what type of hobbies other people use them for.

cheers all

Hi Whiskers,

I am picking my first MH this Thursday :roflmto: Other than holidays I really look forward to being able to go mountain biking a bit further than my doorstep!! I am all the way down to cornwall, so being able to go as far as the Lake District has been impossible.

My mountain biking mates and I are planning it all in advance....Oh I'll have to tell the missus at some point...hmmm

Good luck with your new mh

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I think I will play tiddly winks in mine when I get it

Sorry to ruin a perfectly good post :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Eeek: Hobbies? Where do I start? We have an RV in Spain and a commuter Motorhome. BOTH are full to the brim with our various Hobby items.
In NO particular order

Radio Control Aeroplanes/Gliders and Helicopters.
Fishing equipment.
Laptops - several in various forms of disrepair.
Knitting (you would NOT believe how much room that takes)
Karaoke & DJ equipment.
Guitars & Music.
Tools to repair all of the above including the RV & Motorhome.
Help friends to set up computers, Satellite, DVD & Video, Solar and Inverters and of course exchanging and repairing parts on other peoples RV's.
Swimming, Sauna and Gym.
Boules.
Tennis.
Football.
Backgammon.
Card games.
Yahtzee.
Rummy Cup.
Watching Moto GP (especailly), Superbikes and Formula 1.
There ARE others but I can't think of them at the moment. :ROFLMAO:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
:Eeek: Hobbies?
In NO particular order

Radio Control Aeroplanes/Gliders and Helicopters.
Fishing equipment.
Laptops - several in various forms of disrepair.
Knitting (you would NOT believe how much room that takes)
Karaoke & DJ equipment.
Guitars & Music.
Tools to repair all of the above including the RV & Motorhome.
Help friends to set up computers, Satellite, DVD & Video, Solar and Inverters and of course exchanging and repairing parts on other peoples RV's.
Swimming, Sauna and Gym.
Boules.
Tennis.
Football.
Backgammon.
Card games.
Yahtzee.
Rummy Cup.
Watching Moto GP (especailly), Superbikes and Formula 1.
There ARE others but I can't think of them at the moment. :ROFLMAO:

What ? You will have no time to just stand and stare. :Eeek:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
What ? You will have no time to just stand and stare. :Eeek:

:ROFLMAO: That's the point I make when people ask are you NOT BORED being retired all that time? We just don't have enough time to do all the things we want to do. On top of all that we have to go and visit friends and go out for meals. :thumb:

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
Mine's usually full of RC Heli's and plane's, A ps3 for when it rains and a parawing and motor. When I finish my towbar that opens up the options of putting the MX bike, Track bike and jetski on the back (not all at the same time tho:Eeek:)

russ

Free Member
Oct 8, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
Exp
2 years
I'm having a Heli-Port fitted on the roof of my camper and i have a trailer for my 64 foot yacht.Ropes for mountaineering,lamps for potholing,tanks for scuba diving and i forgot about my horsebox for when i'm at the race's.:Smile:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
I hope to use mine sometimes as a base for windsurfing, or any water sports...

i brought an old speedboat last month which i am restoring. that would be a great thing to tow behind :)

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Doh: OOoops. I fogot the most important thing. Our Mountain bikes which we used for excercise, shopping and visiting friends. :thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:Doh: OOoops. I fogot the most important thing. Our Mountain bikes which we used for excercise, shopping and visiting friends. :thumb:

So with all that on board I still can't make up my mind what you do after friday for the rest of the week.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi All

cheers all

Paramotoring....all the gear goes in the garage safe and sound. It's great to be able to fly from remote locations. When finished have a beer, a meal and then sleep over. The following day do it all again! Why didn't I buy a motorhome years ago?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back