Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
With today's good forecast we ventured out for our first decent Ebike ride, after buying them last December we have had a few muddy off road rides around Sherwood Pines, Clipstone, we aimed for Bardney village Lincs from our site in North Scarle 21 miles each way, fired up the satnav on the Bosch Nyon head unit which took us to the next village of Harby on to the sustran trail into Brayford pool in the centre of Lincoln along the river Whitham crossing through the shopping area back onto the trail which is flat and smooth the whole way, a chippy lunch in the sunshine and then the ride back, 42 miles in total on the lowest power assistance setting completed in around 5hrs (inc a Maccy D's ice cream stop on the way back throu Lincoln) something we would not have thought about doing pre-electric.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Don't know if its my poor eyesight but the cows don't look right at all! I would be sending photos and location to rspca..

edit: closer look they look like mud sculptures....ugly or what...more like concentration camp inmates...

OP
OP
manda3000gt
May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
They are made of iron, looked like old industrial parts, the tails are chain (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Looks good,

How did the bikes go around Sherwood Pines?, did you go on the more technical tracks or stick to the family runs?

Saw a thread on your bikes before and was very impressed!

Andy

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
You look quite young to be using electric bikes,I take it you have a reason for buying them as to me they weigh a ton if coming to any fences or stiles.

OP
OP
manda3000gt
May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Looks good,

How did the bikes go around Sherwood Pines?, did you go on the more technical tracks or stick to the family runs?

Saw a thread on your bikes before and was very impressed!

Andy
Had a great time round 'Pines, have done it a few times now with a local mountain biking group Red & Blue routes I prefer the blasts along the Red and the wife tackled it even thou wet & muddy, maybe the stability of the extra bit of weight low down with the crank motor helping as I thought at one point she was heading over the handlebars on some of the rock drop offs !

OP
OP
manda3000gt
May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
You look quite young to be using electric bikes,I take it you have a reason for buying them as to me they weigh a ton if coming to any fences or stiles.

The wife suffers with her knees and cycling now the only non impact exercise she can do, she does like to do the off road stuff as well albeit at a steadier pace and the motor assistance for the climbs,
Me, I was having one if she was so had to spend 3 times the price of hers for an all singing all dancing model ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: (boys & toys)
Don't find them heavy to lift over the odd obstacle we have come across

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Tried a friends last year,assisted up to 15mph then it's leg work.Can see the attraction but I will flog my old body for a few more years yet,here's a couple of pics.The first on is my old GT Xizang on a trail in Portugal
IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG
,the next one is my new GT Xizang that I bought on my way home in Andorra.

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
cycled a similar routes last autumn from lincoln to bardney and woodhall spa to boston along the witham....very nice...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back