Free Member
Feb 29, 2016
Weston-Super-Mare
Funster No
MH
Pilote Mooveo
Exp
I am a Noob!
The flush on my toilet seems to be very inadequate, it just provides a trickle, rather than a good flow.

its a dometic toilet, that does not have a cistern, but is just provided from the fresh water tank, which makes me think it is down to the power or flow from the main water pump. However the taps in the sinks provide a pretty good flow and power, more than enough to give you trousers a soaking in the wrong place at the wrong time!

So, has anyone had a similar problem? or know how i can solve this?

It was suggested that I should upgrade the water pump, but this seems unlikely due to the performance of the taps.

any ideas anyone?

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
remove the feed pipe to tiolet and retry, see if theres a blockage anywhere in system,

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Mind you a standard house toilet flush will just about fill your cassette.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I had the same problem on a Rapido.
Rapido told me to remove the valve very near the toilet.
It is to stop too much presure geting through.
But mine did not allow enough pressure.

Mel

P.s. Also Dometic

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
3 16833 Vacuum breaker
4 23709 Electric valve

6 2371374 Valve blade handle - Moon gray
8 33342 Fuse - 3 amp
13 33361 Lip Seal (Post-6/15/00)
15 33209 Holding tank complete - Moon gray
17 33210 Automatic vent - Moon gray
18 33333 Cap & Spout seal
20 33203 Sliding cover - Moon gray
21 25810 Measuring cup - Yellow

parts-diagram-Cassette-C-200-CWSCS.gif

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
3 16833 Vacuum breaker
4 23709 Electric valve

6 2371374 Valve blade handle - Moon gray
8 33342 Fuse - 3 amp
13 33361 Lip Seal (Post-6/15/00)
15 33209 Holding tank complete - Moon gray
17 33210 Automatic vent - Moon gray
18 33333 Cap & Spout seal
20 33203 Sliding cover - Moon gray
21 25810 Measuring cup - Yellow

parts-diagram-Cassette-C-200-CWSCS.gif

@scotjimland Jim is that the Dometic or the thetford?
Just that the OP said he had a Dometic.

Ginge3685

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
K
The flush on my toilet seems to be very inadequate, it just provides a trickle, rather than a good flow.

its a dometic toilet, that does not have a cistern, but is just provided from the fresh water tank, which makes me think it is down to the power or flow from the main water pump. However the taps in the sinks provide a pretty good flow and power, more than enough to give you trousers a soaking in the wrong place at the wrong time!

It was suggested that I should upgrade the water pump, but this seems unlikely due to the performance of the taps.had the saMe problem on my thetford.. The filter on the electric water valve was clogged ... Happened after I had put cleaning tablets in the tank

any ideas anyone?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

It was suggested that I should upgrade the water pump, but this seems unlikely due to the performance of the taps.

any ideas anyone?
Remove the one way gate valve. (inline, before the flush pipe into the bowl). On the input side, you will find a small gauze filter, which gets very easily restricted. Remove and cob it out. If the feed is still slow, check to operation of the gate valve, they work on an electro magnet, and can get tired.

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I upgraded to the higher pressure pump and our thetford flushes all the way around the rim now plus the showers better

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We had the same problem when we first got our van. The flush was a measly trickle and just about managed to get out of the spout. After the initial panic - someone here suggested we ensure the full system is primed. At the time we had not filled the boiler - once we did this and primed the system everything worked fine!

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Have you checked that the water outlet into the bowl is not scaled up ? Ours does occasionally and this slows the water coming out to a dribble.

I use half a lemon and rub the cut end round the small outlet pipe on the edge of the bowl and then leave it for a little while. A gently fettle with a toothbrush or cotton bud will then remove the softened scale. White vinegar on a cotton bud will have much the same effect but be slower.

It's a good idea to wipe the inside of the toilet bowl with the cut lemon too to remove limescale from that. It means that your more substantial productions won't stick to the bowl and need wiping away. We always line the bowl with a thin, one ply paper napkin before such prodctions. Open the trap and it all slides neatly down, wrapped in a paper parcel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back