• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Lovely Static Caravan at Chapel Hill, nr Tattershall, Lincolnshire (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Changing plans again unfortunately!!! :(

Although we only bought this particular static back in October 2015, after a lot of soul searching and going into the pros and cons of it all and how much we are likely to use it especially as our timid dog Lily is just NOT happy there (she'd jump at her own shadow!), we've decided to sell it.

Located at Chapel Hill Caravan Park and Marina, near Tattershall, Lincolnshire, LN4 4QB.

It's on a lovely plot and has a conservatory, private fenced garden (think of a village type setting with caravans instead of houses), parking, 3 sheds and is located next to the river bank so nice and quiet and private. Although there is parking next to the fencing a private drive suitable for a large MH can be created on the plot for £400 (we were going to have it done for our camper).

The static caravan is in great condition and on a plot with it's own private garden at the back of the site next to the river embankment so is very peaceful and private - ideal for just letting the dogs out for a run next to the river, or just to take chairs up onto the bank to watch the sunset:
  • Willerby Salisbury 35ft x 12ft
  • built approx year 2008
  • sleeps up to 6: 2 bedrooms & bed settee
  • private corner plot with own gardens and parking area near to the river bank
  • gas central heating (radiators in all rooms) and hot water (very efficient)
  • uPVC conservatory facing South
  • uPVC double glazing throughout
  • new carpets in lounge and hall
  • new vinyl in kitchen and shower room
Full details can be seen on my website (any questions either ring, email or message me):

The site is open for 10 months from 1st April to 31st Jan (a bit longer if Easter is in March as they open on Easter Thursday) and can be lived in as a main home if wanted for the full 10 months (council tax payable), post can be delivered there too. There are a few residents on site with MHs already who live there for 10 months then go abroad for a couple of months in winter when the site closes, other non-MHers rent a caravan on one of the other sites in the are who close at a different time of year, some live on their boats instead.

Site charge fees are only £1,250 pa which includes water and waste, note that there are NO buying or selling fees ... nowt, just the site charge each year! Elec is metered and paid approx every 6 months, gas is bottled at £50 for 47kg.

We're going there tomorrow (Good Friday) for a few days so if you want to see it we could arrange to be around, or for someone to show it to you.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Looks like an unusual site to own a static. The fees are very cheap :Eeek: and it will be a bargain for someone.
Good luck with the sale. I'm sure it won't be for sale very long(y)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Sorry to hear that it hasn't worked out for you Mel, after all that hard work. But it's the right time to sell if it has to be so.

I'm not a static park expert, but from what I do know about it, the business model they operate there is far more user friendly than on most sites. It would be top of my short list if I was in the market. Nice spot there by the river too. Must be one of the best plots on the site.

If you stay for a 2nd weekend, we'll drop by for a coffee - we are down that way the 1st weekend of April. We could compare van mods - or at least I can admire your mods while you tell me what I should be doing to mine. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Am i dreaming, but wasnt this sold on another thread.

I think that was the other one that was sold when this one was purchased
Yes Duxy, you are correct, we sold the first one (Herald) after we'd bought this one (Salisbury) - we were doing the Herald up for ourselves when this one came up so we bought it as we thought it would suit better, especially since it has central heating and newer. It also made it much easier to get the first one finished as we didn't have to keep tidying it up to cook etc which was a bonus, but after a lot of soul searching etc we've decided its best to sell it and let someone else enjoy it instead ... if we want another on the site in the future I'm sure we'll be able to fine one that's suitable if we bide our time but first we need to try to get Lily less 'jumpy' which will take time, hopefully we'll manage to do so!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well, we're at our lovely static and the weather is great! There's a lot of people pottering and opening up their statics, lots of grass cutting, washing of garden furniture, pruning of shrubs etc and it's been nice to see 'old' friends again. :)

BUT ... we've definitely made the right decision to sell, no matter how 'upsetting' for us ... we were out for a walk along the river bank with the dogs and as soon as Lily heard the first bang (bird scarer) that was enough for her :eek: ... tail tucked down, panting and pop-eyed ... all she wanted to do was get back to the caravan and her 'safe space' next to the sofa.

We can't subject her to something that upsets her so much ... still sad though. :(

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Back home earlier than expected!!! :wub:

We've had to cut our stay at the static short :( ... Lily just was NOT happy ... poor little mite :unsure: ... now she's hope she's happy as a pig in muck, playing with her toys etc.:rolleyes:

The static is now in proper 'selling' mode, nice and tidy and clean, with some nice new pictures taken for my website (now uploaded) ... if I was in the market for one I'd certainly buy it ... it's gonna be hard letting it go, and leaving the people on the site who are so lovely. :crying:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just adding some pictures as I've just realised I haven't put any on here!

Exterior photos & layout:

35 x 12.gif

cul de sac.JPG
side 1.jpg

corner.JPG
rear 2.JPG
rear 5.JPG
side 0.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Interior photos & layout:

35 x 12.gif

lounge 1.JPG
lounge 3.JPG
lounge 4.JPG
lounge 6.JPG
kitchen 2.JPG
kitchen 3.JPG
kitchen 5.jpg
kitchen 6.jpg

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
More interior photos:

bed a.JPG
bed b.JPG
bed c.JPG
dogs a.JPG
dogs c.JPG
toilet 1.JPG
toilet 2.JPG

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Conservatory:

c 1.JPG
c 2.JPG
c 3.JPG
c 5.JPG

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... and for anyone who's wondering which of our dogs is 'making' us sell thsi lovely static ... this is the little monster ... called Lily, aka Lily Savage!

Lily - Is it time for bed.jpg

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It'll be a great buy for someone....best of luck with the sale

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Bless lil Lily . . such cute eyes.

As dog owners we empathise - good luck with the sale :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If anyone is wanting to have a viewing there's a chap on site who will show you round (pm me for details) alternatively we'll be there from Wednesday afternoon this week until Thursday morning before heading off to Peterborough show.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back