Great service from Dave Newell (1 Viewer)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Well I would just like to say a huge thanks to Dave and Jackie for going over and above to provide their usual excellent service.

The delivery date of our new van for various reasons became fairly fluid but Dave and Jackie took all the booking changes I made in their stride.

On the day Dave fitted all the bits and bobs I had booked in for and did one or two little jobs that they did not know about till I got there.

Took time to have a quick look over the van and found out a problem for Fiat to sort out.

Jackie booked us into the Severn Gorge camping park which is nice, clean and peaceful. Provided free entry into Blists Hill victorian town where we spent a happy few hours wandering around.

Top people and first class workmanship. I would thoroughly recommend them. (y)(y)

jimcunliffe

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Bacup,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
21/2 years
We will second that,
Called in unannounced on a Saturday morning with an issue with our solar panel.New controller fitted under warranty and on our travels within the hour.
As Dave is "old school" he will be doing our chassis and habitation service when due in August.
Thanks Dave
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We had a gas failure a couple of years ago whilst we were holidaying in Wales. We phoned Dave Newell for advice and he said get here today and I'll sort you out. He did and afterwards we stayed at Severn Gorge (courtesy of Jackie sorting us a pitch). So thanks to Dave and Jackie, not only did they fix the van, but we discovered a beautiful part of the the UK that we stayed in for week after the fix!

OP
OP
MikeD

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds like the man I need...where is he based?

Dave and Jackie's web site

http://davenewell.co.uk

The camp site they use is around 500mtrs from Dave's place.

Blists Hill Victorian museum is around 30 minutes walk from their work shop.

The Iron gorge bridge and various museums are I think all around 3-4 miles away.

Jackie offered us a lift both to and from the Bridge/Blists Hill with free entry to Blists.

But whilst we did not take advantage of all the local attractions I think the ticket they offer gives free entry to them all.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yes Mike, the tickets we have give free entry to all of the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust sites which include ten museums. Blist's Hill is the largest museum in the group and is set out as a Victorian town including a steam powered pit winding engine, working Iron foundry (casting on Wednesdays), printers shop, bank, pharmacy, pub, carpenters shop, rolling mill and my old primary school. There is also the Coalport china museum, Jackfield tile museum, Broseley pipe works, The Ironbridge itself and its toll house, Coalbrookdale museum of iron etc.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
@dave newell lvs .. Dave, I have sent you a PM regarding some work on our MH. At Chester with Fun at present. Going to be tied up next week as have just been notified about serious illness in the family but can take a call when you have had a look at work needed - I am useless with anything electrical. Thanks, Eddie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back