Is anyone doing habitation checks at the Peterborough Show? (1 Viewer)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
The title says it all. Stowmarket Caravans have always done the habbi, gas, CO2 checks etc but they have gone out of business. Don't really fancy the other 'local' offerings so wondering if anyone will be doing them at Peterborough this year.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I thInk getting jobs done at the shows is great, I had a solar panel fitted, but not sure about a hab check. I have always been advised that the cupboards etc need to be empty for a damp check to be done and I can't do that and be away for a few days. Just my opinion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I thInk getting jobs done at the shows is great, I had a solar panel fitted, but not sure about a hab check. I have always been advised that the cupboards etc need to be empty for a damp check to be done and I can't do that and be away for a few days. Just my opinion.
Hi Carol. We've never emptied our cupboards! :worried:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@meanders, both the dealers I have used for hab checks have told me cupboards need to be empty for comprehensive damp readings to be taken, always think it is a nuisance but it does mean I get an annual de-clutter!! If I find myself saying ' I never new I had that in here' or I haven't used it in the previous 12 months it doesn't go back in the van!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've never emptied our cupboards for a damp check however they weren't stuffed so it wouldn't have been difficult to get the meter in for readings but we did remove large stuff from the garages etc so they can be accessed easily - now we've got a PVC there's a limit on where damp could be anyway.

I don't know what stand @Ash will be on but have asked him to let me know so we can pop to see him when we arrive on Thursday to let him know where we are.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Ditto. But the show is a few weeks away yet.

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp

As long as we can get to the ceiling edges to do a damp test that fine the cupboards don't need to be empty

Ash

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back