Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good evening, I have a problem, my sky box in the van is saying not receiving a signal, but the same cable used on free to air box works fine, any ideas am I being a techno spaz, all the leads are in the right ports, I have the sky home page picture just nothing else other than your box is itialising try later then a message that says your box is not receiving a signal. We have tried straight from the house settings, then changed to single input but still the same messages. I am using an oyster Cairo digital system.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Well, am assuming so as I am watching tv through my free to air box, I would have thought they are both using Astra 2?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
I think ours shows Astra 28 but i did a couple of updates so it might have changed i admit i am not an expert

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Assume you have the single cable in INPUT1 if your box is in single feed mode...

If the box is not booting up, then it usually means it is not receiving the default transponder frequency of 11778....

So scan this frequency into try your free to air box - and see if it gets the odd channel that is on that frequency, then you will know if it is your system or the box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Just checked and we are on 28.2 E so not sure what is wrong or what to do next, I,ve tried everything in my limited knowledge so it will have to stay off and watch normal tv.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Would it matter if we are in Onich in the highlands so on the edge of the reception perhaps?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back