LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As the title suggests, we are thinking about putting a scooter in the garage of our MH, we are OK for payload but don't need anything big or fast so a 125 will do.

Honda PCX or Yamaha Nmax both have 2 wheels but I like the look of the 3 wheel Tricity yes it is 20 kg heavier and a touch wider and will need two ramps if not three to get it into the garage, does anybody have any experience riding these three wheelers versus two, I have ridden bikes on and off for years so no problems with either.

Martin

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have a set of these ramps for a tenner. Extended to double length. Can bring to Chester.
IMG_20160322_111839.jpg
IMG_20160322_111839.jpg

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I trust that is for a standard scooter @irnbru

Martin
No idea to be honest. I bought them a while ago for £25 but never had to use them for the purpose I bought them for so they have been lying in the garage ever since. Just yesterday I thought ...I need to advertise these and get rid.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Martin,I and others have discussed this at length in the past on here,maybe you can search,as a lifetime biker I have ridden loads but only a 350 and 500 3 wheeled scooter,loved the security of handling in the wet or leaves but not everyone is comfortable with the locking upright and unlocking mechanism,of course the weight is considerably more than the two wheeled equivalent.
I liked my 500 Gilera so much we have a Rewaco trike with a 1600 flat four engine,but that's another story.
Good luck in you quest.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Martin,I and others have discussed this at length in the past on here,maybe you can search,as a lifetime biker I have ridden loads but only a 350 and 500 3 wheeled scooter,loved the security of handling in the wet or leaves but not everyone is comfortable with the locking upright and unlocking mechanism,of course the weight is considerably more than the two wheeled equivalent.
I liked my 500 Gilera so much we have a Rewaco trike with a 1600 flat four engine,but that's another story.
Good luck in you quest.
Do you tow rewaco behind van ?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Martin I have the three wheeled Piaggio yourban, purely because in all my biking and scooter years I never ever took a test I just rode with L plates until they blew off and carried on riding. The wider track of the 300 cc allows me to ride it on a car license, my missus also feels safer on this than the two wheeled 125 that I sold last year.

I wasn't planning on bringing it to Chester otherwise you could have ridden it, lets chat more up there.

Griff

This is the old one

IMG_0033.JPG and the new one 2015-08-16 12.36.14.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Martin, I am sure @Popeye will be along shortly as he has one of these 3 wheeler jobbies.

We are thinking of getting a scooter or motorbike too, but cannot decided which. We both have full bike licences but I fancy the simplicity of a scooter but Colin would prefer a motorbike. Having said that neither of us have ever ridden a scooter, only motorbikes! Having seen Popeye and Jackie on theirs it is a tempting option.

The old bu**er beat me to it!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin I have the three wheeled Piaggio yourban, purely because in all my biking and scooter years I never ever took a test I just rode with L plates until they blew off and carried on riding. The wider track of the 300 cc allows me to ride it on a car license, my missus also feels safer on this than the two wheeled 125 that I sold last year.

I wasn't planning on bringing it to Chester otherwise you could have ridden it, lets chat more up there.

Griff

This is the old one

View attachment 98141 and the new one View attachment 98142
Cheers Griff, will certainly have a chat at Chester.

Martin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Martin, I am sure @Popeye will be along shortly as he has one of these 3 wheeler jobbies.

We are thinking of getting a scooter or motorbike too, but cannot decided which. We both have full bike licences but I fancy the simplicity of a scooter but Colin would prefer a motorbike. Having said that neither of us have ever ridden a scooter, only motorbikes! Having seen Popeye and Jackie on theirs it is a tempting option.

The old bu**er beat me to it!
I and hubby both have our full bike licences but nowadays prefer a scooter as it is so much easier - you don't have to keep messing about changing down/up gear so more relaxing as you can concentrate more on the road and the lovely scenery, plus of course you get more weather protection with a scooter and lots more storage too (under the seat). Scooters nowadays aren't like the old slow ones ... they shift like the proverbial s*it off a shovel!!!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I have a 100cc honda. ...awesome 4 stroke bullet proof...
Welcome to have a try at Chester...

Easy to ride and I've stopped even using the car to go to town... just so easy and good for 65 plus so keeps up with the traffic...

Oh Martin btw it has two wheels....if you want 3 wheels get a Robin reliant ..3 wheel scooters should be banned due to the uncoolness of those monstrosity s

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Here in Portugal life seems pretty relaxed but trouble is you have to go through Spain to get here!!
Nothing wrong with Spain but sure you will understand,
I would love to tow it around but it just fitted in a Ifor Williams 3.5 ton twin axle jobbie!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Martin @funflair

We had a 125 Kymco for about 3 years, but used to find it lacking 2-up in the hills and the whole thing was a bit short on space ( cramped).

Now have a 300cc Aprilia sport city, which is pretty good, fast enough, small enough to go in the garage and handles pretty well. You probably could get a MP3 in yours @KayeB and vennwood used to have one in their Flairs.

btw those ramps would not work for a 3 wheeler, you need three or one wide one.

Jon
home now, despite bl**dy Ryanair.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin @funflair

We had a 125 Kymco for about 3 years, but used to find it lacking 2-up in the hills and the whole thing was a bit short on space ( cramped).

Now have a 300cc Aprilia sport city, which is pretty good, fast enough, small enough to go in the garage and handles pretty well. You probably could get a MP3 in yours @KayeB and vennwood used to have one in their Flairs.

btw those ramps would not work for a 3 wheeler, you need three or one wide one.

Jon
home now, despite bl**dy Ryanair.
Hi Jon

Just reading some old post and you cropped up there mentioning your Sportcity. I quite like the idea of a 3 wheeler and wondered if anybody had any negatives, other than three ramps of course, Gary's MP3 is bigger than the Tricity hence his trailer. I know they fit in the Flair garage but we have the Tandem and two mountain bikes and need to decide what if any we leave at home.

Ryanair, where's the MH.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
actually Gary also has one. dont know if hes bringing it to Shrewsbury.
Jen wants to take one to Spain in 5 weeks time, but then we go straight to the Tandem rally in Holland, she said if we just take a scooter and the Mountain bikes, Doh what about the Tandem rally says I:LOL: oops.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
As we re going on to Portugal at the end of May, we decided to leave MH and scooter at malaga after Morocco.

The MP3's are very stable but quite heavy, theres some great footage on youtube of people riding them in the wet.

@Vennwood could probably help with how much room you would have left as Im pretty sure he had one and his Flair was same as yours.

There are some great scooters out there but not many of them ride like a proper bike, they all have the wind up acceleration - not as snappy as a bike although Honda do one with a DSG box now but I cant remember what its called its something like integra??,

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Jen wants to take one to Spain in 5 weeks time, but then we go straight to the Tandem rally in Holland, she said if we just take a scooter and the Mountain bikes, Doh what about the Tandem rally says I:LOL: oops.

Martin

We re here - sh*t wheres me tandem.........

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
As we re going on to Portugal at the end of May, we decided to leave MH and scooter at malaga after Morocco.

The MP3's are very stable but quite heavy, theres some great footage on youtube of people riding them in the wet.

@Vennwood could probably help with how much room you would have left as Im pretty sure he had one and his Flair was same as yours.

There are some great scooters out there but not many of them ride like a proper bike, they all have the wind up acceleration - not as snappy as a bike although Honda do one with a DSG box now but I cant remember what its called its something like integra??,

Chain drive though, 750cc twin auto

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Hi Jon

Going to have a chat with @Popeye at Chester, he has a MP3, I was thinking about the Yamaha 125 Tricity as its narrower that the Piaggio and lighter as well.

Martin

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi Jon

Just reading some old post and you cropped up there mentioning your Sportcity. I quite like the idea of a 3 wheeler and wondered if anybody had any negatives, other than three ramps of course, Gary's MP3 is bigger than the Tricity hence his trailer. I know they fit in the Flair garage but we have the Tandem and two mountain bikes and need to decide what if any we leave at home.

Ryanair, where's the MH.

Martin

your doing something wrong if a 8.5 meter van not big enough:D

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Namby pamby scooters are for girls get a proper bike nothing less than 500cc.:)
And those 3 wheeled things are bloody ugly as sin.o_O
Just joking.
We carry a 650 Kawasaki Versys in ours have considered a scooter a couple of times but thankfully came to my senses and stopped myself.(y)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Haha,my 3 wheeled Gilera 500 was funky looking and with pipe and Malossi filter would just manage the ton two up!!
I thought my 650 Versys mark one was fugly too!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back