Tarnside holiday park, braystones. (1 Viewer)

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Good evening folks, We are considering a few days here, but after reading trip advisor i thought i would see if anyone has been there. its very close to sellafield, but also the quiet beach. steve.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I would lay my head there,imagine the monitoring that goes on in the surrounding areas,whats the saying. "The rabbit who lives nearest to the Foxes den...LOL.
Just to put you at ease,Derbyshire,declared itself a "Nuclear Free Zone". This was on letter heads and some sign posts,the...cost ?. Then,Chernobyl blew. It is alleged that sheep up Buxton way glowed in the dark,due to prevailing winds and the fallout.
Used to be a lovely run north from there,up the coast road years ago,cannot see it being altered to much,as they have the M6 for heavy/fast traffic. Go on,enjoy.
Tea Bag

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
image.jpeg
This is Julie useing our cadac for the first time at tarnside, sellafield in the distance, we found it excellent (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi.
I would lay my head there,imagine the monitoring that goes on in the surrounding areas,whats the saying. "The rabbit who lives nearest to the Foxes den...LOL.
Just to put you at ease,Derbyshire,declared itself a "Nuclear Free Zone". This was on letter heads and some sign posts,the...cost ?. Then,Chernobyl blew. It is alleged that sheep up Buxton way glowed in the dark,due to prevailing winds and the fallout.
Used to be a lovely run north from there,up the coast road years ago,cannot see it being altered to much,as they have the M6 for heavy/fast traffic. Go on,enjoy.
Tea Bag
Thanks for that tea bag, sellafield is fine, we take the car and dogs to seascale beach quite often, but have heard horror stories of the road to get there as in very narrow.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Thanks for that tea bag, sellafield is fine, we take the car and dogs to seascale beach quite often, but have heard horror stories of the road to get there as in very narrow.

Hi pigginchilli.
Oh ye of little faith...LOL. Have a look at Chasers photo.... Those Statics arrived by road,where is your sense of adventure ? If it looked a tight fit in the lorry,i used to take a RUN at it..(but kept my elbows in just in case)
I,and other Funsters reading this,will accept NO excuses,we all need to see a picture/s of you,your lass and the growler,all sat/stood/camped,or BBQ'ing,VERY SOON.
This is not a ...... Challenge....LOL. Go on,you know you want to go,so.... "Thunderbirds....GO!!"
Tea Bag.
PS. Are you there yet ?
PPS. A few years ago,i wanted to stay at " Parc Natura site", French Pyrenees (Midi ?) but read it had a length limit,so having a "Gin Palace" Twin axle c/van at the time,sent them an E-mail .I had a reply straight back words to the effect. Come on down,DON'T come through the village at the first sign post,come up to the next village(I think it was Bun ?) Pick up the Bus/Coach sign for Lac D'estang ? and just follow that,site on right before the Lake,they had statics to.This site is..MAGIC>
Tarnside,might have a secret "Rabbit run",give them a ring... Last one there is a Sissy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi pigginchilli.
Oh ye of little faith...LOL. Have a look at Chasers photo.... Those Statics arrived by road,where is your sense of adventure ? If it looked a tight fit in the lorry,i used to take a RUN at it..(but kept my elbows in just in case)
I,and other Funsters reading this,will accept NO excuses,we all need to see a picture/s of you,your lass and the growler,all sat/stood/camped,or BBQ'ing,VERY SOON.
This is not a ...... Challenge....LOL. Go on,you know you want to go,so.... "Thunderbirds....GO!!"
Tea Bag.
PS. Are you there yet ?
PPS. A few years ago,i wanted to stay at " Parc Natura site", French Pyrenees (Midi ?) but read it had a length limit,so having a "Gin Palace" Twin axle c/van at the time,sent them an E-mail .I had a reply straight back words to the effect. Come on down,DON'T come through the village at the first sign post,come up to the next village(I think it was Bun ?) Pick up the Bus/Coach sign for Lac D'estang ? and just follow that,site on right before the Lake,they had statics to.This site is..MAGIC>
Tarnside,might have a secret "Rabbit run",give them a ring... Last one there is a Sissy!
I don't remember anything out of the ordinary getting there, you get your own pitch with grey water grid and own tap, and hookup. Can't fault it, we only came on it by accident, no booking or anything(y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back