Burstner Elegance I 821G Special Edition (1 Viewer)

mnk303

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Horsham West Sussex
Funster No
MH
a
Exp
Well as I have mentioned else where I am buying one of these new, delivery 1st September, a bit nervous about the length but otherwise happy because I really did find the bulge on the Lakia X700 a bit depressive from within the cab, and my wife got fed up climbing quite high at night, now the kids can do that and we sleep in the back...in private.

A few worries, are parking 8.7M van (Our Lakia was 7.5M plus bike rack so about as long)

Confused about does it need an MOT every year or not
MPG

Be great if anyone can advise please and any other gereral tips on these longer motorhomes

Last edited:

julie1

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Rossendale, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One
Well as I have mentioned else where I am buying one of these new, delivery 1st September, a bit nervous about the length but otherwise happy because I really did find the bulge on the Lakia X700 a bit depressive from within the cab, and my wife got fed up climbing quite high at night, now the kids can do that and we sleep in the back...in private.

A few worries, are parking 8.7M van (Our Lakia was 7.5M plus bike rack so about as long)

MPG

Be great if anyone can advise please and any other gereral tips on these longer motorhomes

Hiya
We also have the same model as you. We travelled to Greece and back this year (6,000 miles). Some small villages a bit tight but we managed OK. Often we would park up safely on the outskirts of a village and walk in to see if the van would go in and more importantly back out again. Sometimes approaches to some places can start nice and wide then suddenly turn into single track roads with no way of turning round. We discovered lots of beautiful places to park up by doing this. The overhang is quite long but you will get used to it. So enjoy.
MOT is every 3 years. If you need anymore info ask away.
Julie and Howard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Mot is the same for a car. First one when it is 3 years old and then annualy.

Don't forget that for warranty purposes you will need annual habitation check too.

Enjoy!

julie1

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Rossendale, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One
Hiya
We also have the same model as you. We travelled to Greece and back this year (6,000 miles). Some small villages a bit tight but we managed OK. Often we would park up safely on the outskirts of a village and walk in to see if the van would go in and more importantly back out again. Sometimes approaches to some places can start nice and wide then suddenly turn into single track roads with no way of turning round. We discovered lots of beautiful places to park up by doing this. The overhang is quite long but you will get used to it. So enjoy.
MOT is every 3 years. If you need anymore info ask away.
Julie and Howard

OOPS sorry for the last badly worded paragraph. 1st MOT is 3 years and annually thereafter. (I am the female half of duo):Blush: Clever husband has told me off.

OP
OP
mnk303

mnk303

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Horsham West Sussex
Funster No
MH
a
Exp

MPG

Dont worry they are fantastic, long but fine less issues than the higher over cab MH's as others have said get a snooper 7000 which will show you where you can go and cant, but enjoy it, best looking motorhome on the market, everywhere we go people look more at it than my Supercars like my Porsche GT3 RS!!!! Amazing Motorhome

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I am missing something obvious or did mnk303 reply to his own post with advice. :Wacko:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am missing something obvious or did mnk303 reply to his own post with advice. :Wacko:

Damn - fooled me !

The way he phrased it I though it was someone else commenting.

Oh well, goes with the territory, I'd better make an appointment with the undertaker before it's too late. Oak, Pine or Cardboard ? Choices. Choices.

Cardboard with an Oak finish.

Or Pine with a Cardboard finish ?

Cardboard with a Cardboard finish, that'll fool 'em.

I fancy some big yellow Radioactive stickers.

And "This Side Up" -- on the long side -- work that out you b&&&&ds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back