Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help, I am fed up with having to manuver over manholes small drains etc, I have a sprite(limited edition, swift suntor really) and the waste drop is next to the rear door, i have noticed that there is a screw connection at the end, what would I need to connect a pipe or such?

Probably a sillly question I know

Thanks in advance

Nick:Confused:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi nick,
i have the same tap and have a short length (about 1 mtr) of convoluted hose with a threaded adaptor.

try somewhere like 'The Plumb Center' to get the adaptor.....may be easier if you take the van to them so they can see/know exactly what you want and you can try it for fit 'on site' so to speak.

ps....no such thing as a silly question....just silly answers:thumb:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nicklb

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
Great stuff, thanks, I have tried a hozelock (one I had) but did not work, it is sometimes quite dificult to get exactly over a small drain in the first attempt,

Thanks again:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the tap could be a water 'shut off' valve for commercial/industrial type steel water pipe.

4760.jpg

and you will need something like this to connect to it...

49369.jpg

Upvote 0

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Swift themselves can supply you with the connector, or failing them CAC Tank.

philip

Upvote 0

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
i just got a pipe from caravan shop local to me and just push on ,does the job for a few quid .:thumb:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Personally I would just look for a bit of pipe that pushes over the existing drain line.. valves and fittings reduce the flow rate and invariably clog up

i just got a pipe from caravan shop local to me and just push on ,does the job for a few quid .:thumb:

if its the same valve as mine then the thread is internal on the valve and is only approx 1/2" in depth so any hose just pushed in will just fall out again as soon as you try to 'aim' the hose.
the external bit of the valve is a hexagon, the same depth, so wont take a hose pushed over.

Jim, the 'valve' IS the drain tap!!! could be a pretty important bit of kit:winky:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nicklb

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
if its the same valve as mine then the thread is internal on the valve and is only approx 1/2" in depth so any hose just pushed in will just fall out again as soon as you try to 'aim' the hose.
the external bit of the valve is a hexagon, the same depth, so wont take a hose pushed over.

Jim, the 'valve' IS the drain tap!!! could be a pretty important bit of kit:winky:::bigsmile:

hi Guys, thanks for all the info, much appreciated, it is a internal thread so pappajohn is correct, I will look at a plumbers as suggested, might be a bit cheaper than swift, off to Brixham on Sunday am for a week so will get it on my return,

will have a practice which someone sugessted

Thanks again:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back