Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
:dance2::dance2::Grin::Grin:

I've done the happy dance smilies for you!
Exciting times indeed, hope you have a great time and enjoy the new van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
:smiley: We've done it!!!!!!! Booked tunnel, dogs have passports, collect new van on 30th, have a little try out locally to get used to it then off to France for 6 weeks (happy dance here cos smilies won't work!!!!!!, a few woohoos!!!! as well) Excited? just a little bit!!
So excited for you to let us know how you get on!(y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Great!

Make sure you see as much as you can, commensurate with an easy pace of life. French rural life, in particular, encourages you to relax.

Find a pavement cafe and spend time just "people watching" as well as sight seeing.

What's not to like?:)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:dance2:Good for you! Enjoy your trip what van are you getting?:dance2:

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:dance2::dance2::sun: Thanks everyone. We're going to start in Normandy for a look at DDay beaches and then wander down to Brittany. Will be taking everyone's advice. Plenty of relaxation and going with the flow :smiley:
We are very grateful to all our fellow funsters who have given us such good information which we have used to make our plans, it has made for a much more enjoyable time planning and we will definitely be more relaxed.
Got the smilies back, been having probs since putting adblock on, going to take it off.:Grin::Grin::Grin::sun::sun::Grin::Grin::Grin:

:smiley:
:Grin::Grin::Grin::Grin:

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Oh I'm so jealous ! I wish I could have 6 weeks in France too:sick:..... oops:confused:.... But ...I AM in France!:rolleyes::whistle:;)

ENJOY!

Amicalement

Frankie:cool:

:smiley: Hi Frankie :smiley: We will do our best :smiley: :Grin::Grin: Can't wait :Grin::Grin:

As you can see, now have full control of smilies (flipping adblock seemed to scare them off ::bigsmile:)

So just to demonstrate I'm in full control :sun::Grin::dance2::sun:

Amicalement et merci beaucoup pour me donner ton numero de telephone :smiley:
Sue

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Great!

Make sure you see as much as you can, commensurate with an easy pace of life. French rural life, in particular, encourages you to relax.

Find a pavement cafe and spend time just "people watching" as well as sight seeing.

What's not to like?:)

Will certainly be doing a lot of relaxing once I've got a bit of confidence driving a new van and using automatic gear box (a first for me) Will also do a fair bit of :wine:I suspect when the opportunity presents itself ::bigsmile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Will certainly be doing a lot of relaxing once I've got a bit of confidence driving a new van and using automatic gear box (a first for me) Will also do a fair bit of :wine:I suspect when the opportunity presents itself ::bigsmile:

All you want in the EVENING! Don't take the chance to get caught by the Gendarmes with too much alcohol in! 1 full glass (not a big one) and you'll be positive! And your hols will be ruined!

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
All you want in the EVENING! Don't take the chance to get caught by the Gendarmes with too much alcohol in! 1 full glass (not a big one) and you'll be positive! And your hols will be ruined!
:smiley: Pete used to manage the Alcohol and Drug dependency service on the Island so no chance of me overdoing the plonk ::bigsmile: would not like to be caught by the gendarmes, even a good looking one ::bigsmile: will be looking out for a few nice bottles to bring home on our travels and will keep my wine tasting to a minimum and promise to spit it out :pinocchio:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back