Android phone at Argos looks good to me (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
just browsing phones today and come across this
Broken Link Removed
Looks fantastic offer to me , dual sim , unlocked, 13 mp camera, all the latest stuff, but it's a bush, never heard of them doing phones, anyone know anything about them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There's also a C2 version:

Broken Link Removed

and a B2 version (not 4G):

Broken Link Removed

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Obviously a re-branded by Bush so difficult to get any reviews.
I have a near identical spec phone a Cubot X15 same price and gets very good reviews one of the best of the cheap Chinese phones. I would spend my cash on a Cubot rather than an unknown quantity.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looks fantastic offer to me.

Pretty much the standard unbranded Chinese phone but branded Bush.

Look on ebay, you'll find the same cheaper, I think.

It looks very similar to my UMI Hammer which I took a gamble on and it's worked a treat, apart from poor GPS because of it's metal frame.

Or you could pay Apple about six times as much.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ray, Me, Far, Sooooo, La, Teeeeeeeeee ...... Doh!!!! :D

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Pretty much the standard unbranded Chinese phone but branded Bush.

Look on ebay, you'll find the same cheaper, I think.

It looks very similar to my UMI Hammer which I took a gamble on and it's worked a treat, apart from poor GPS because of it's metal frame.

Or you could pay Apple about six times as much.

I liked the Hammer that I bought apart from the GPS which was the reason that it returned it. Looking for another 5.5 inch dual sim + SD card phone with better GPS than the Hammer.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Obviously a re-branded by Bush so difficult to get any reviews.
I have a near identical spec phone a Cubot X15 same price and gets very good reviews one of the best of the cheap Chinese phones. I would spend my cash on a Cubot rather than an unknown quantity.
Yeah , but Argos is handy for taking them back if they are no good(y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
At this price point I'd be looking at getting a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 [£99]
It gets excellent reviews being pretty much the best of the budget smartphones and quite competitive with all but the latest high end models.
It can be 'unlocked' via eBay for about £1.69 in just a couple of hours.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
At this price point I'd be looking at getting a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 [£99]
It gets excellent reviews being pretty much the best of the budget smartphones and quite competitive with all but the latest high end models.
It can be 'unlocked' via eBay for about £1.69 in just a couple of hours.

Spot on, super phone and unlocked mine for 99p. You were done. :)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
With hindsight I should have done but I didn't test the GPS soon enough. Apart from that I can't fault it.

The only other problem I had was with the rear camera lens cover - it broke after a week. I've never had one break before. Amazon were very good at accepting the return.

Oatsy

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2003
I spent a lot of yesterday looking online for a similar type of phone and I am really considering getting one of these. Only negative I can see is that the camera isn't brilliant, but that wouldn't be the reason for me wanting one. Any thoughts?

Amazon product ASIN B019SU1VLO
(By the way, 1st post - and I would never have thought that it would concern a phone!)

Oatsy

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2003
Hmm! My link isn't showing in my post above, I'll have to work on this posting malarkey! Anyway, the phone is on Amazon, a Ulefone Be Pro 2, £84.99.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
S
Hmm! My link isn't showing in my post above, I'll have to work on this posting malarkey! Anyway, the phone is on Amazon, a Ulefone Be Pro 2, £84.99.
showing ok now, they all appear to be the same phone, loads on eBay, don't know whether to go for one or not, it would only be a second phone to use as a small tablet in France on the normal 3 , 321 sim, as well as my o2 , so if they work ok , should be pretty sure of a signal for data and wouldn't have the tethering problem with 3 but if they are no good it defeats the object a bit.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Must admit I am tempted by the Argos one simply for the ease of returning, only 4 mile away , save all the posting malarkey (y)

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now

It didn't show on my laptop UNTIL I temporarily turned off Adguard, then it came up OK complete with a picture. (Windows 10 and MS Edge.)

Dave

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Screen resolution is rubbish for a 5.5 inch.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Lumia has a slightly better looking screen it's got the same resolution but as it's smaller it will look sharper. Windows vs Android, I go with Android every time.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you turn off your adblocker etc and refresh your screen you'll see your link - its something to do with how Amazon links change to look like an advert once you've pasted them ... stupid really especially since a lot of people use an adblocker nowadays!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
S

showing ok now, they all appear to be the same phone, loads on eBay, don't know whether to go for one or not, it would only be a second phone to use as a small tablet in France on the normal 3 , 321 sim, as well as my o2 , so if they work ok , should be pretty sure of a signal for data and wouldn't have the tethering problem with 3 but if they are no good it defeats the object a bit.
If you are really wanting something for using for tablet type stuff, consider one of the cheaper Chinese phablets - we've got a couple of great ones which take a sim (either phone or data) and we can use them as sat navs too, this is the best of the two:

Broken Link Removed

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i bought a lenovo( chinese 5.5 screen, dual sim, 64 g card.
worked great in the states, only bad thing is camera is not that good.
but atjust under £40 i can live with that.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Just got the Argos bush spira D2
Very happy with it so far.
Only problem is there's no phone case for it or screen protectors.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just got the Argos bush spira D2
Very happy with it so far.
Only problem is there's no phone case for it or screen protectors.
In the Argos thing it says it comes with a plastic case and screen protector, what made you buy it , had you seen one before or just took a punt on it, very interested in your opinion of it, please keep us updated.(y):)

?

Deleted User
If its for you then buy it. I wanted a 2nd 5" phone to use as a sat nav so went to Tesco and got a Sony Xperia E4. Great phone for what i want it for but it also came with a free copy of Navigon what was a bonus. If you want a phone for quality camera i line my Samsung Galaxy. I only have the S2 and 8mp camera but the quality is excellent. I just buy them 2nd hand on ebay being to tight to buy new. S4 is next on my radar.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you are really wanting something for using for tablet type stuff, consider one of the cheaper Chinese phablets - we've got a couple of great ones which take a sim (either phone or data) and we can use them as sat navs too, this is the best of the two:

Broken Link Removed

Available on Ebay if you don't want to get one from abroad:

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back