Battery question (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Does the battery charger charge the vehicle battery also ? (when on hook up of course)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,some do,some dont,Most Hymers do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Does the battery charger charge the vehicle battery also ? (when on hook up of course)

Some do some don't depends on the way the converters wire it.

Some have a switch that you have to operate.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as dave said 'some do, some dont and some have a switch'

my kontiki has a switch on the control panel so i can charge the engine battery at the flick of said switch when on hookup.

this also allows me to use the engine battery as a leisure battery if i need to.

and as brian said, a volt meter will tell you if its charging the engine battery as well.

at rest your engine battery should read around 12.6v so if its considerably higher than that it should be charging.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
C.A.K. tanks also sell a battery master which is very easy to wire up, so when on hook up vehicle battery charges as well, also when parked up at home vehicle battery does not run down so quick as leisure battery takes some of the drain. cost approx £27.

John.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Many thanks gentemen, I will take more notice this weekend of my vehicle battery state and try and determine if it does. We have the radio on quite a bit when we are away (no TV) and it doesnt seem to flatten at all so I think it prob does.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Well you are a wierdo. I thought the purpose of MHs was to watch Coronation Street, Korenazion Strasse, Via Incoronazione, Rue des Couronnements in as many different places a possible. Same for all nationalities.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Well you are a wierdo. I thought the purpose of MHs was to watch Coronation Street, Korenazion Strasse, Via Incoronazione, Rue des Couronnements in as many different places a possible. Same for all nationalities.

:ROFLMAO:

Nope no TV, we prefer to listen to the radio whilst playing scrabble and or conversing. We seem to be in the minority however. I am amazed at the trouble some MH/caravaners will go to just to get a picture. Watched a bloke a couple of weeks ago fanny about with a sat dish for.......3....yes 3 hours. Not my idea of a weekend away but each to there own spose. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:ROFLMAO:
Nope no TV, we prefer to listen to the radio whilst playing scrabble and or conversing. We seem to be in the minority however. :thumb:

You are indeed. And I must plead guilty. I *will* go to great lengths to watch the bike racing on Sundays. Apart from that we'll watch a DVD, reliving the past when there were quality programs regularly. We went through the whole Blot on the Landscape last holiday, we could not believe it's 20 years old, we still fall off the seats laughing. But the original Thomas Crown Affair was very disappointing compared to the new version.

We used to play scrabble with the kids years ago in Eurocamp tents or on boats good fun and enormous benefit to the kids. But grandkids, they demand Disney and other brain dead or brain conditioning crap that plugs beauty and violence as the keystone to life.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back