Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 635 2016
Exp
30 years
I have a Vudome on the roof and a Max view Free to air receiver. Cannot get ITV or channel 5. Yet the dish is set on Astra 2. I have tried it with the freeview in the avtex tv and tried it with the sat receiver. Also watching heartbeat on ITV 3 I am getting a voiceover explaining what is happening. Must be for the blind peeps. No idea how to turn it off. Any ideas my learned friends?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Where are you ? I lost all TV overnight last night so might be a signal problem . Btw we are in Correze France

OP
OP
Blobsta

Blobsta

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 635 2016
Exp
30 years
Not a problem, we are in the UK and have never got ITV.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
On satellite, if you are getting ITV3 then you should also be able to receive one r two ITV1 (and STV) regions - as they are on the same frequency!

C5 on on freq 10964 h 22 5/6 - and normally it is about the same if not stronger than the sat frequency for itv3...

The "voice over" is "audio description" - sometime you can turn this on and off via the audio selection settings for the channel. But I didn't think ITV3 on satellite had this....???

?

Deleted User
Not got an answer for the OP's problem but...

Is this box designed to get the sky freeview? If i say goodbye and cancel my sky subscription at home and use the card as freeview i cant get channel 4 and 5 yet i can get them with my £20 sky freeview card.

Related?????

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
We often don't have all channels when moved to diff area - we just go into TV menu and do a retune channels and voila they all appear again!

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Not got an answer for the OP's problem but...

Is this box designed to get the sky freeview? If i say goodbye and cancel my sky subscription at home and use the card as freeview i cant get channel 4 and 5 yet i can get them with my £20 sky freeview card.

Related?????

Freeview - UK TV via a TV aerial
Freesat - "free to air" UK TV via satellite using a Freesat box
Freesat from Sky - has more "free to air" channels than Freesat, and a few "free to view" encrypted but subscription free channels unlocked with the "freesat from sky" £20 free to view card. This currently unlocks only a handful of channels, Viva, Motors TV, and Sony Movies - nothing else.
Sky - "free to air", "free to view" and pay channels.

So there is no such thing as Sky Freeview or a Sky Freeview card!

An subscription card that is cancelled "becomes" a "free to view" card. So you lose your pay channels, but keep the handful of "free to view" channels (Viva, Motors TV, and Sony Movies), and all the "free to air" channels.

Cancel your Sky subscription and you will still continue to get C4 and Five, as they are available "free to air" - even without a viewing card. Yes, even if you do not have a sky card in your Sky box, you will still be able to receive these channels.

A Max view Free to air receiver simply receives all the "free to air" channels (inc BBC ITV C4 and Five)... so it is a bit similar to Freesat but without any of the bonuses Freesat offers like full programme guide, automatic channel updates.... A Max view Free to air receiver has no ability to use a viewing card, so cannot be used for "free to view" or pay channels.

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I have a Vudome on the roof and a Max view Free to air receiver. Cannot get ITV or channel 5. Yet the dish is set on Astra 2. I have tried it with the freeview in the avtex tv and tried it with the sat receiver. Also watching heartbeat on ITV 3 I am getting a voiceover explaining what is happening. Must be for the blind peeps. No idea how to turn it off. Any ideas my learned friends?
Ive just tried mine Maxview receiver 85cm dish in UK no ITV but I've managed to get channel 5 by adjusting the dish slightly

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Ive just tried mine Maxview receiver 85cm dish in UK no ITV but I've managed to get channel 5 by adjusting the dish slightly

Well either you need to align the dish more, or make sure that your receiver has all the correct frequencies for ITV...
In the UK, I would have thought that if you can receive C5 then all the others should also be available...

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Thanks I will contact M
Well either you need to align the dish more, or make sure that your receiver has all the correct frequencies for ITV...
In the UK, I would have thought that if you can receive C5 then all the others should also be available...
Thanks I will contact Maxview tomorrow to check the settings

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back