Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
sometimes while scrolling through I'll find an oh moment:Eeek: about a place,an item or a how to. Then I change places move on and lose said item. How can I keep such things?

Deleted User
At the top of your page, there is a "book" icon press and hold this icon, then click add bookmark.

Edit - to then access bookmarks, just tap the book (don't hold)

Last edited by a moderator:

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
A feature that I find very useful on an Ipad is being able to take a picture of the screen

Press the main on/off button, on the side, at the same time as the Home button, on the front. The screen will flash and an image of the screen will be placed in "Photos" under the heading Today

Also very useful if you want to be able to view something at a later date when you maybe offline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
A feature that I find very useful on an Ipad is being able to take a picture of the screen

Press the main on/off button, on the side, at the same time as the Home button, on the front. The screen will flash and an image of the screen will be placed in "Photos" under the heading Today

Also very useful if you want to be able to view something at a later date when you maybe offline
Well , never knew that, learn something every day(y)

Reactions: kcy

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Another useful tip is inverting the colours, this makes the screen much easier to read in direct sunlight.

Go to general-> accessibility-> accessibility shortcuts-> invert colours.

Then all you need to do is triple click the home button to invert the colours when needed.

OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
At the top of your page, there is a "book" icon press and hold this icon, then click add bookmark.

Bloody hell that is awesome, I clicked history and 'found' stuff I'd copied when I didn't know what I was doing and lost it, the plot? Thankyou, the world is my lobster

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
image.png
You can copy this bit irk I think it's called
(Stands back awaiting incoming flack )

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/ipad-help.127173/

At the top of the site page your reading and paste it to notes

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Go into 'Apps store' do a search fo 'taps smart' that will bring up 'Tips and tricks' for various Apple Devices, phone, tablet, pod etc. Click on your device and this will bring up an App with hundreds and hundreds of tips for opening short cuts or more importantly advice on what your magical Apple device can do for you, it's a free app but to be honest the paid version is coppers and well worth it for the information that is available.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I see the spell chucker changed my posting from url to irk
Seriously, I am going to start a "most ridiculous auto correct" thread, recently I posted on Facebook about my woes with a leak in the roof, but auto correct thought I really wanted to talk about the vegetable leek, so I posted about finding a leek on my roof. Which did not go down well with my friends! :D

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Seriously, I am going to start a "most ridiculous auto correct" thread, recently I posted on Facebook about my woes with a leak in the roof, but auto correct thought I really wanted to talk about the vegetable leek, so I posted about finding a leek on my roof. Which did not go down well with my friends! :D
Apple auto corrections are legendary!!!!

Here's a few for starters :)
image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
It did it there laughed not laughter:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012

That's just showing off:rolleyes:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
image.png Assuming you mean a bookmark in Safari (not iBooks), if you press the bookmarks icon a list of your bookmarks is presented, at the bottom right of which is the word "edit". Press "edit" and the list display should change to have a red button/icon against the left of each bookmark. Press the red button/icon by the bookmark you wish to delete and you should see the "delete" option to the right of such.

Edit: It's worth searching YouTube for tips, here's an example short video which may help. Note there maybe small user interface differences relative to age of video and version of IOS/Safari in use:-

Last edited:
OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Duh, Obvious really, thanks.
While you're there....
I thought I knew how to copy and paste but only the copy, share,define come up where's paste?
Linda

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
This YouTube video is a little old, but demonstrates the process of copy/paste, so it should help. Before you can paste you will need to have selected and copied some content. Once you have performed the "copy" then the "paste" option should be available.

OP
OP
kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I will try the web site, and hope it clears it up. I must admit, even though you are the easy option, I understand you better(y)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I will try the web site, and hope it clears it up. I must admit, even though you are the easy option, I understand you better(y)
I'm not sure a written description is easier than the video, but here goes a try..
  1. Hold down finger on/around what you want to copy until bubble appears
  2. Select the area you wish to copy using the blue circles/points either side, the selected area is highlighted in light blue shading
  3. Having selected the required area press "copy"
  4. Go to where you wish to paste the selected/copied content
  5. Hold down finger where you wish to place the copied content, a bubble/the word "paste" should appear
  6. Select the "paste" option and the text should be copied there (assuming you are on an editable area - email, forum post, notes etc)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back