Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi all

Been in Cheshire for a couple of weeks, stayed at the C&CC's Delemere site, very well appointed, good access to walks and cycle rides from site. There is also a train station about 200 metres away, with good services to Chester and Manchester.

However, I digress, we visited the Anderton boat lift, and were well impressed, visitors can just walk around at no cost, or picnic along the marina area, or walk in the nature reserve. or the canel towpath.

Trips are available, either up or down the lift, with a good comentery by the boatmaster, and a river trip can be added to either the up or down ride.

Parking....pay and display £2.00 up to two hours and £3.00 over. Yes there were a couple of fourtyfive foot coaches in the park when we visited. A couple of tight turns to enter the car park, but coaches can do it so rv'ers can!

Full details can be viewed at AndertonBoatLift

enjoy

Nomadic/I]

Last edited:

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hi nomadic. we visited the Anderton boat lift in 2006 whilst we were on honeymoon. We had aride down it. found it quite interesting, The chap that designed the gears is the same chap who had something to do with the Citroen motor car. Its to do with the shape of the gears(helicoil ?) the symbol for Citroen is the same shape. Lin

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi all

Been in Cheshire for a couple of weeks, stayed at the C&CC's Delemere site, very well appointed, good access to walks and cycle rides from site. There is also a train station about 200 metres away, with good services to Chester and Manchester.

However, I digress, we visited the Anderton boat lift, and were well impressed, visitors can just walk around at no cost, or picnic along the marina area, or walk in the nature reserve. or the canel towpath.

Trips are available, either up or down the lift, with a good comentery by the boatmaster, and a river trip can be added to either the up or down ride.

Parking....pay and display £2.00 up to two hours and £3.00 over. Yes there were a couple of fourtyfive foot coaches in the park when we visited. A couple of tight turns to enter the car park, but coaches can do it so rv'ers can!

Full details can be viewed at AndertonBoatLift

enjoy

Nomadic/I]

If you're a boatlift fanatic, and get to Belgium, do not miss a visit to the Strepy-Thieu boatlift (near Mons). The barges are lifted/lowered 240feet.
There is a large carpark and visitors centre.
A very large and impressive engineering feat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back