Autotrail\Sargent battery problem (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I have been wild camping a few times and twice the cab battery has gone flat. I read somewhere if the cab battery is the active battery being charged when you leave a site then EC 500 control panel will keep cab battery as the active battery with no low battery warning until 10.9v - which I consider to be too late as its flat. After reading the Sargent manual I noticed one of the settings on the control panel is to change between a Fiat cab or a Peugeot cab, the difference being Peugeot insist on a warning at 12.4v and Fiat 10.9v. I have now changed the setting to Peugeot and tested it and it works fine. I get a warning before the cab battery is flat. Has anyone else come across this problem and am I doing the right thing.

Thankyou.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The alarm will go off quite quickly at 12.4 volts as it will measure the voltage under load so switching anything on when you're not on hook up will trigger the warning. Seems a good idea to me unless you deliberately want to draw from the cab battery.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
The alarm was going off all the time on our 2014 Peugeot boxer based van, I did the opposite and set the panel to Fiat, never had a flat cab battery.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
It is a Mad set up and the last owner of our van suffered. I bought a pair of long jump leads from halfords that reach from the leisure to the cab and put them in the empty space under the wardrobe so I forget about them until I need them...........

OP
OP
SteveB123
May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
The alarm was going off all the time on our 2014 Peugeot boxer based van, I did the opposite and set the panel to Fiat, never had a flat cab battery.

John.
I use the hab batteries all the time so its more of a warning that the EC500 has switched on to cab battery. Remember if your alarm goes now its too late it won't start.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back