Hello & Padstow Parking Advice (1 Viewer)

RobMonkey

Free Member
Mar 17, 2016
Sleaford
Funster No
MH
Burstner 7xeo Time
Exp
Firstly I'd like to say a big hello to everyone. I've just got myself a campervan (Burstner 7xeo Time) and I'm planning to have a 10 day trip with my family in the Easter holidays. One of the days is going to be spent in Padstow. My question is 'Does anyone have any advice for 1 over night stay in Padstow. Would like to be close to the town, and some of the sites I've tried haven't opened yet or are tents only.

Cheers for any help

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
:welc:

We stayed at Padstow Touring Park over New Year. It's about a mile or so from the town across the fields if it's dry, just over a mile and a half along the roads if it's wet. There's a bus stop just outside and the taxi drivers are mostly open to negotiation if you don't fancy the walk.

Easter is the traditional start of the season so they may not be keen on accepting a one night booking unless they have loads of free space.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have parked many times on the harbour at the far end without problem. If you are only thinking of staying 1 or 2 nights you should be OK as long as you don't hang washing out. Some good pubs and restraunts in Padstyn as you well, hobyhoss day May 1st is not to be missed.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Would stay at Padstow Touring Park & use the footpath or bus into town - the harbour car park is fine off season but will be bedlum in the school holidays :eek: Another site closer to the harbour & on the cycle path is Dennis Cove but will be packed out & narrow lane access.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RobMonkey

Free Member
Mar 17, 2016
Sleaford
Funster No
MH
Burstner 7xeo Time
Exp
Cheers all for info.

Ye i know DBK, don't really like going away in holidays, but daughter is in school now, so the only times we can go now.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Cheers all for info.

Ye i know DBK, don't really like going away in holidays, but daughter is in school now, so the only times we can go now.
If you can get into the campsite I and @Wombles mentioned it should be fine. Bit of a walk to the town, take boots, but Street cred should be maintained for your daughter. :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
You probably know the attractions of Padstow but as well as all the foodie outlets the cycle path runs along the coast to the right (when facing the sea) & there's a great walk to the left via the footpath up the ramp (by the public toilets) at the far left of the harbour. We missed it the first time we visited Padstow. It goes past a banked park type area then a scenic walk where eventually you can go down on to a huge sandy beach - easy enough to spot if you just follow the crowds. Padstow does get absolutely packed in the holidays so would suggest going during a weekday rather than a weekend.
Oh & sorry forgot to say - welcome to Fun! :hi:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Have parked many times on the harbour at the far end without problem. If you are only thinking of staying 1 or 2 nights you should be OK as long as you don't hang washing out. Some good pubs and restraunts in Padstyn as you well, hobyhoss day May 1st is not to be missed.
I wouldn't try that now. From what I've been told, Padstow Town Council now enforce the no camping rule.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Hi and welcome!
Dennis Cove is a beautiful little campsite a short walk from the town along the seafront.
We have stayed there several times and it is our favourite campsite in Cornwall. Once there you will probably want to stay longer!
Dennis Cove Campsite
Address: Dennis Ln, Padstow PL28 8DR
Phone:01841 532349

DC.jpg

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The good Burghers of Padstow must have been crying in their tea this year because their Summer started on 1st March and, because it was a Leap Year they had to wait one day more to change the car parking charges from Winter to Summer.
The Old Station Car park went from £2 all day to over £6

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I wouldn't try that now. From what I've been told, Padstow Town Council now enforce the no camping rule.
Does that mean truck drivers awaiting to load are not allowed to sleep in there vehicles. Parking, not camping Graham. The OP only wants 1 night in the town, so he should not need a campsite.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Does that mean truck drivers awaiting to load are not allowed to sleep in there vehicles. Parking, not camping Graham. The OP only wants 1 night in the town, so he should not need a campsite.
The legislation governing truck drivers sleeping in their vehicles is different from the legislation covering the rest of us camping - not parking - Dave.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back