Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, all van going for mot tomorrow- I probably won't sleep tonight.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
we where the same when it was time to mot ares put it passed so there was know need to worry so have a few beers and you will be able to sleep. ps good luck not that you will need it::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
Yes, know the feeling. I have mine soon. Wife does not understand, They don't do they. Something Harriet. Harperson wd not get either. It's a male bloke thing. Always a worry.
Best Wishes, My thoughts are with you.

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
What a bummer- place I took van for service & mot rang at 4 o'clock to say theyed done the service but bouldn't get the van on the ramp tp mot it! So will have to rearrange it-talk about sod's law.
Never mind, just another sleepless night to come!
Cheers Dave:cry:

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Finally got the M.O.T. yesterday. Can't understand these m.o.t ers- . The van failed on 3 tyres with too-deep splits on them plus handbrake inefficient, plus front indicator bulb too pale- the orange bulb had lost some of its orangyness. I asked if the garage could do the brakes but they said no as it would tie the ramp up as it was the only one they had for that size of vehicle, so I arranged to have the brakes done elsewhere, but they would supply new tyres. At the other garage they said it wold need new discs, pads andhandbrake shoes. So Iarranged to buy some from a company on the internet and went and collected them the next day and delivered them to the garage. Now this garage slso does M.O.T'S so I asked them to check the tyres. In their opinion they were ok and would have passed them for the mot. I had to leave the van over the weekend as the boss was getting married, but was told it would be done monday . They rang me up at 3 o'clock to say the van was ready, saying that all they had to do was adjust the brake cable because it had stretched and had got a pass reading on their rollers- so much for all the parts I'd bought. I then took it for the retast and had 4 tyres fitted so they were allthe same on the rear axle. they showed me the ones they had taken off and 3 had splits down to the cords! so it was an expensive but the right decision to have the new tyres fitted- I would have not been pleased to have a blowout after I'd had the m.o.t at the other place to save a few quid, don't you think? So my big question is how come some testers would pass dodgy tyres, yet others (correctly) fail them . I thought things like this didn't happen nowadays . There we go you learn something everyday. Perhaps George or the other M.O.T tester-sorry forgot your name would like to comment?
At least we are on the road again,

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So my big question is how come some testers would pass dodgy tyres, yet others (correctly) fail them . I thought things like this didn't happen nowadays .

Bit of sour grapes - bit of mind games to get you to go there next year ????

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
forgot to say had to put 4 new tyres on first , got a good price camping x 91 pounds each fitted , got them from tyre express on the net:thumb:

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
forgot to say had to put 4 new tyres on first , got a good price camping x 91 pounds each fitted , got them from tyre express on the net:thumb:

Hi, Theresa, got mine 4x 195/70/15C Avons for just under £60 each all -in, which was even less than they first quoted!

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Bit of sour grapes - bit of mind games to get you to go there next year ????

No chance of that- we have just found storage 6 miles away- at present am travelling 26 mls each way!
Dave:thumb::thumb:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
just shows it pays to shop around . we had Michelin camping x 225x 16 . the tyre place near us quoted £160 each fitted , so was pleased with what we got them for in the end :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back