Problems editing text on iPad (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
not sure if this is just me........
On iPad to edit a word when typing you rest your finger on a word and a magnifying glass appears which you can move until you are above the letter you want to change. This works fine on all my apps such as notes, email, farcebook, word etc.
However on Fun, resting my finger on a word turns the word pink if it is misspelt and will only let me change the whole word. It does suggest a replacement word, but often this is not correct if you have made a mess of the word or its an unusual word/placename etc. Also the word does not turn pink if it is a correctly spelt word but he wrong word of you know what i mean.
Not a huge deal but annoying to have to retype the whole word when only one letter is wrong.
Is just me or does anyone else have this problem?
Is it a @Jim "enhancement"?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
not sure if this is just me........
On iPad to edit a word when typing you rest your finger on a word and a magnifying glass appears which you can move until you are above the letter you want to change. This works fine on all my apps such as notes, email, farcebook, word etc.
However on Fun, resting my finger on a word turns the word pink if it is misspelt and will only let me change the whole word. It does suggest a replacement word, but often this is not correct if you have made a mess of the word or its an unusual word/placename etc. Also the word does not turn pink if it is a correctly spelt word but he wrong word of you know what i mean.
Not a huge deal but annoying to have to retype the whole word when only one letter is wrong.
Is just me or does anyone else have this problem?
Is it a @Jim "enhancement"?
I have the same issue, but assumed it was an iPad thing

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi @makems

If you turn off the keypad, bottom right you can then go back into the word to edit and the keyboard comes back up, not quite the same as the magnifier I know.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Trying on safari on iPad now and it works OK magnifier and everything, the previous reply was related to Opera mini on iPad.

Martin

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
on my iPhone, assume it's same as iPad, if you keep your finger there for a few seconds the magnifier should work

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back