Script errors caused by this site... (1 Viewer)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I get occassional script errors but not from this site.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I think it's the adverts. Since we disabled the adverts, we get far fewer problems - but the whole site 'hangs' at least once every time either of us accesses it.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I think it's the adverts. Since we disabled the adverts, we get far fewer problems - but the whole site 'hangs' at least once every time either of us accesses it.

I get the same problem. How do you disable adverts?

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Never had a screen freeze here and like GJH I use Firefox and have ABP enabled all the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I agree about adverts. I use Adblock Plus in Firefox and never have any problems.

Never had a screen freeze here and like GJH I use Firefox and have ABP enabled all the time.

I also use "Adblock plus" and Firefox, but I didn't have problems with "Adblock" and Google's Chrome either.

When I went back to Win 8 and stepped up again to 10 I found out just how annoying the adverts are but reinstalled AD+ and good as gold again.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The second he starts his RV's engine this happens :eek:

I always advocate AdBlockers, however I do disable it on sites I want to support as this is where a lot of income comes from for quite a few site owners.

I thought remote ads were disabled once you subscribed to be honest?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Never had any issues with this site.
Me neither. I am guessing that it is more likely to be browser related though.
I occasionally find a site where I get script errors. I switch from FireFox to Chrome and they all go away. Chrome does seem to have better performance but I don't trust google.

My firefox is extremely well locked down. It has NoScript, uBlock Origin plus a custom hosts file. My Chrome is naked.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Nor me. (Don't have any problems with this site.)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
...anyone else get frozen screens due to script errors on this website?
Yes. Windows 7 & Firefox here.

They seem to come in waves. Everything is fine for weeks & then several days of frequent script errors, then all fine again. Of the options offered, clicking 'Stop script' seems to give the fastest return to action.

I don't use Adblocker, because @Jim gets part of his income from displaying the ads. If we all block them, he doesn't get the income & he has to put the subs up to compensate. I long ago (think old technology newspapers & magazines) developed advert blindness. I might be tempted to block them while using a bandwidth limited connection & certainly will be very tempted if the script error problem gets much worse.

I haven't investigated to see if the script(s) in question originate from this site or from the site serving the adverts. I'll do that if @Jim or @Gromett would find it helpful in troubleshooting.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Not had a script error or screen freeze yet.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think, although I'm happy to be corrected, that you won't get script errors if you access the site, or any other site come to that, via a mobile device. As far as I know the page just won't load at all rather than partially load and give you an error.

I don't know whether something about OS X/Safari is the same. I don't recall the last time I saw one on anywhere.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Quick question. Can those that have this issue please post the browser and OS they are using. For example "FireFox on Window 7"

I have this problem on Amazon when using Firefox but not in Chrome.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Are they anything to do with the Bible?

JJ :cool:
Well, not exactly, but it's a similar story.

You start off with God (Jim) & his main helper Moses (Gromett) & they talk to each other directly & all is well.

Then along come a whole load of other people who build on the base system, usually without proper reference to the originators - prophets, disciples, others writing years after the event (site equivalent = advert scripts) who manage to cock it up. Stir vigorously for a few thousand years & you have the aberrations of multiple Western Christian sects all falling out, the Muslims who fight between themselves as well as with everyone else, the Eastern Orthodox churches, the multiple sects among the Jews who started it all off; and all that lot are supposed to be believing in the same God. That's before we even consider all the other gods people around the world do or have believed in.

So give FUN a few more years & it will be battle motorhomes at dawn on Salisbury Plain. In the meantime we just have a few script errors to contend with.

I can't decide whether to add smilies or not. I think I'll settle for :cry:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Oops sorry. I hacked in and had a little play with the web source code and just trying to remember what I did, to put it back as it was. :(

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
No script errors for this site with me, on two different computers both using OSX with Safari or, more usually recently, Firefox.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi I'm on the road right now. Stopped for a coffee on the M5. We have had his before and it's almost always turned out to be browser related. But it could be any number of things Try clearing cache and cookies first. Then if you get any crashes. Note the time and let us know what you were doing at the time. With a thousand members on at any one time when things are wrong this end I'm told very quickly.

Thanks for reporting. Hopefully we can track it down and sort it for you (y)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
No errors here either mind you like @JJ wouldn't know what one is anyway.
Sounds a bit dodgy to me know what I mean;);):whistle::whistle::)

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I am on Firefox, I have had lots of problems , mainly on this site, but on others as well, just not so often, I keep getting messages saying "errors due to long running script", Stop Script?.
I have uninstalled Adobe Flash Player, which has helped.
Still getting annoying ad popups.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As @JJ says wouldn't know one if I fell over it , but never seen anything like that on iPad(y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back