Travelling Checklist (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Quite good as a basis for developing your own list. For example I wouldn't pack an inflatable kyak and the list has no male underwear

I usually find the main thing I do is take things out, while smbo puts them in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
It's a list devised for one particular couple, so there's a lot on there that we wouldn't pack. However, it's a good checklist to ensure that you don't forget anything. Thanks, @Motorhome Man.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have our own checklist as well - after forgetting the duvet on one trip!

Ours is organised by cupboard / area, from rear to front of the van. When the new van arrives it will need to be redone :)

I also have a house lock-up list so all the little jobs like emptying the tea-pot get done.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We have our own checklist as well - after forgetting the duvet on one trip!

Ours is organised by cupboard / area, from rear to front of the van. When the new van arrives it will need to be redone :)

I also have a house lock-up list so all the little jobs like emptying the tea-pot get done.
We do the same.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The list is also laminated so it can be marked off as things are packed, then the dry wipe marker can be cleaned off ready for next time :)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Gosh.

Personally - all the stuff like crockery cutlery utensils baking tins kitchen cloths cleaning and laundry stuff and most toiletries loo rolls tools First Aid kit reflective jackets bags for life and eg hoses adaptors EHU cables levelling blocks etc never get taken out! Stuff like toothpaste deodorant and cleaning things get replaced when they run out wherever we happen to be whether it's at home, Skegness or the south of France.

So the top of my list is 'Medication* and Plastic bank and Credit cards' - all of which get transferred constantly between wherever I have recently been to wherever I am now going.

* plus all the associated junk necessary for me to stay alive currently - pump consumables, pump remote/Glucometer - there's a spare Glucometer in the van permanently, and its own sharps bin, plus a spare pack of 6 x small bottles of orange Lucozade to treat hypos.

I wear the pump and my specs permanently so logically if I'm there, they should be too.

We obviously add clothing and footwear suitable for this trip - however I once omitted to put any pants in for me! - and had to buy some from a supermarket where we were and day 3 - cos I did have ONE spare pair in there I hadn't bothered taking back in the house last time we came home, that was lucky! (By the way on that occasion - we'd got off the ferry and driven straight down to Agde in two days!!!)

Then - if we do forget anything - we can go and buy whatever - even if it's prescription sunglasses!

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
My "Tools and things for fixing stuff" comprises WD40, Gaffer tape, Cable ties, adjustable spanner, pliers and two screwdrivers. Haven't needed anything else.

They've missed the tea towels off. Dual purpose also double up as anti rattle cloths!

The list is actually a good basis to come up with your own, much shorter, list. It's made me and other by the look of it think about what they take.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There are lots of versions of that list around, I've seen a couple on here before.

The one thing they all have in common is that probably half the motorhomes on the road don't have the payload or space to carry it all.

That isn't by any means the worst one I've seen. There was one a few months ago that by my reckoning would have needed a trailer to cart it all around.

For us no list is required. Everything we need stays in the van permanently other than clothes and perishable food. Packing, if you can call it that, to go somewhere takes about 20 minutes.

Even so we don't have, don't need and wouldn't have room for, a quarter of the stuff on that list.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
My "Tools and things for fixing stuff" comprises WD40, Gaffer tape, Cable ties, adjustable spanner, pliers and two screwdrivers. Haven't needed anything else.

You can do better than that. I think I've got some duct tape, some WD40 and an old multi tool thing (y):D

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Certainly our MH is all ready to go at all times, though we have recently had a clear out of various food items where the use by date was a distant memory. Also we have removed all the fabric items Tea towels, underwear etc) that stay in the van all the time to come home and be washed to freshen them up. The only things that need to go in are cards, money, perishable food items, medicines and seasonal clothes. We can guarantee that if we have a check list we will forget where we put it.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Like most people a lot of stuff stays in the van (sort of) permanently. I do bring in all foods and textiles after every trip (anti-rodent thing) plus anything that could do with a blast through the dishwasher. These things are still on the list though as so easy to forget to put back in the van, especially if they get put away somewhere in the house if we are busy - and anyway it's best to check they are present and correct before we set off or they will be forgotten.

Does anyone else take a set of kitchen scales with them? I got laughed at when I was making cake on site..... and laughed at even more when I said I had a travel iron! No ironing board though.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Does anyone else take a set of kitchen scales with them? I got laughed at when I was making cake on site..... and laughed at even more when I said I had a travel iron! No ironing board though.
Him Indoors is on a calorie/portion size kick, so yes, these come with us (lightweight & foldable so take up virtually no space or payload)

Definitely no iron though :eek:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I bought electronic ones from Sainsbury (£4.50) when they were being sold off. Lightweight and take up very little room being slim - unlike me!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back