I Know This Sounds Stupid.........but....... (1 Viewer)

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
When you are away for a longish trip in your van do you find that your hair and nails seem to grow quicker..................or is this something peculiar to us Deb'n folk????

The Tincas

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
LOL. I don't know if they do, but it sure seems that way. I think it is because the last thing on my mind when away is having my roots done but they seem to appear as if by magic over night.. but then it could be the fresh air I guess .. I always say that most professional golfers have lovely heads of hair. :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not so sure about hair, :) but whenever we are away anywhere warmer that West Wales (most everywhere), finger and toenail's do grow much faster.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
LOL. I don't know if they do, but it sure seems that way. I think it is because the last thing on my mind when away is having my roots done but they seem to appear as if by magic over night.. but then it could be the fresh air I guess .. I always say that most professional golfers have lovely heads of hair. :)
You have destroyed my illusion, are you saying that you are not a natural blond. :)

Deleted User
Definitely grows quicker, we've just got hook up and swmbo is insisting it's time for my buzzcut.

Itchy afternoon for me then.:unsure:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I
When you are away for a longish trip in your van do you find that your hair and nails seem to grow quicker..................or is this something peculiar to us Deb'n folk????

The Tincas
I thought my nails grew longer as I don't do so much housework or washing up on holiday!( well none really):rolleyes:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I noticed that happening at an alarming rate on our last tour of Transylvania.

I'm note going there any mooooooooooooooore.

Broken Link Removed

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
It's about climate. Nails and hair may grow marginally faster in a warm climate because circulation is better.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL I actually had a Podiatry apt yesterday and yes - I know full well they cut your nails a lot shorter than I can - or actually want to - but she said that 8 weeks between cuts is 'average'.

How come I have to do mine every flippin week then, anyway? Always have had to!

And in truth my hair needs a re-trim every 6 weeks, but I do leave it longer cos it gets a bit expensive otherwise. Used to when I was at work, in a Client facing role.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We had a month in Spain in Jan/Feb this year my hair and nails grew much faster than normal, I thought I was changing sex!, glad I'm not the only one.
My weight also increased by 2KG, but it could have been all the Tapas and beers!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's quite possible your nails do grow faster when you are away. A high protein diet and exercise increase growth rate. Sex also plays a role but probably not in that sense :) but the time of year (season) is a known factor. It is also possible (and here I'm speculating) someone who spends the winter in the sun will find their nails will grow faster than if they stayed in the smog of Blighty. It will need a long term trial to test this hypothesis. I volunteer for the winter in the sun side of the trial. Draw straws for who stays here! :D

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back