Fiat Ducato Engine soundproofing (1 Viewer)

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
We've found out the Fiat Ducato is not the quietest van in the world, and the engine noise can be quite loud and annoying at times.

I saw somewhere advertised some kind of sound-deadening pad or blanket that you fit to the underside of the bonnet. I never made a note of the company that do them and now I can't find it again.

Does anyone know who does these? They were pretty cheap as I recall, about £ 12.95 I think.

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
We've found out the Fiat Ducato is not the quietest van in the world, and the engine noise can be quite loud and annoying at times.

I saw somewhere advertised some kind of sound-deadening pad or blanket that you fit to the underside of the bonnet. I never made a note of the company that do them and now I can't find it again.

Does anyone know who does these? They were pretty cheap as I recall, about £ 12.95 I think.

You need to get in touch with Noisekiller they are in Oldham lancs.

Link Removed

bluereiver

Free Member
Oct 10, 2008
Funster No
Ducatto soundproofing

Has anyone used these and are they any good ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
You need to get in touch with Noisekiller they are in Oldham lancs.

Link Removed

Yes, I've seen this when I did a web search. The site isn't very informative though which makes me think this is to encourage you to phone them up for prices, so I suspect they're expensive.

The one I saw was for under the bonnet of the Fiat Ducato, it was £ 12.95 or thereabouts and seemed to be just a simple adhesive-backed sound-proofing blanket. I just can't find the link to it now though.

mark antony

Free Member
Sep 28, 2009
Funster No
Hi,

I'm nw to the motorhome world and also finding that our oldish (1998) Ducato is unconfortable noisey when on the move.

Can I ask if anyone tracked down the cheapish kit mentioned in this thread?

Thanks

Mark

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The one I saw was for under the bonnet of the Fiat Ducato, it was £ 12.95 or thereabouts and seemed to be just a simple adhesive-backed sound-proofing blanket.

I would guess that if £12 would make any improvement even Fiat would fit it. Any noise going out through the bonnet isn't entering the cab. What The Good Guys do it line the bulkhead with heavy, expensive sound damping material ( what a job ! I think it contains a load of lead ) and the same under the carpet. Some inside the doors for wind noise and there you are, a bit quieter, a lot poorer and heavier.

Ours is annoying, no chance of listening to the radio.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Only if you use it to strap your right foot to the seat:Doh:
No in a word:cry:
one of the simplest and best ive seen is a simple lead lined blanket that was thrown over the engine:thumb:
Geo
Link Removedlike patrick said

Last edited:

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
I would guess that if £12 would make any improvement even Fiat would fit it. Any noise going out through the bonnet isn't entering the cab. What The Good Guys do it line the bulkhead with heavy, expensive sound damping material ( what a job ! I think it contains a load of lead ) and the same under the carpet. Some inside the doors for wind noise and there you are, a bit quieter, a lot poorer and heavier.

Ours is annoying, no chance of listening to the radio.

Not much use if you have a ducato, the doors don't actually seal to the hole they're in, so you won't stop the wind noise. :Angry:
Mine actually flex as i'm driving, and occasionally i can see daylight, top and bottom. There's a hefty draft that comes through the door opener too. :Angry:
I think the best option is a good pair of headphones, that way you can't hear the passenger whine either !!:ROFLMAO:

Haaamster

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Coventry and Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Ducato CI 1000
Exp
I had a terrible draft on my 1st weekend away in my Ducato, I put up the cab curtain and it was still draughty. In the morning we removed the curtain to find the passenger window open. My mate had it open on the drive down and left it that way when we went out to the pub. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back